Wise Investments..........

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by robertgreen_86, Dec 23, 2007.

1. If you had purchased $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be
    worth $49.00.
    With Enron, you would have had $16.50 left of the original $1000.00.
    With WorldCom, you would have had less than $5.00 left.
    If you had purchased $1000 of Delta Air Lines stock you would have $49.00 left
    But, if you had purchased $1,000.00 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the
    beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, You would have
    had $214.00.
    Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and
    recycle.
    It's called the 401-Keg Plan.

2. I have a friend that does that. He turns in the cans as he drinks, but is getting behind on recycling. He now has a boat that is full to the top with empties. He says its his retirement fund ;)

3. LOL, That's too funny Waltham!

4. Taurus if I'm lying I'm dying! :)

5. neothespian

neothespian Member

One of the guys at work pulled up right when I came up on my Vespa, and asked "You seem to be pretty hardcore about those bikes to be riding in winter. You buy stock in the company that makes those?"

I simply look at him and said "Are you nuts?? Piaggio is lucky to break even as a company! If I can buy parts for this in the US next year, I'm a happy camper. besides, buying a $7,000 scooter is pretty much as much investing as I want to do with this company if I can help it"

My opinion on investments.

6. Custom work done to my Kimber - more than a few hundred dollars

My reloading setup (Started with nothing, not even a bench) about double what I spent on the upgrades to my Kimber.

My satidfaction at having a great reloading setup and a custom gun - Priceless.

A good investment to me.

Gee, sounds like a commercial.

7. I only have a few ounces of bulk silver as far as investments, but if I had a decent amount of money to invest, I would go with gold or silver.

It may not rise in price as much as some stocks, but it will not bottom out like some stocks (Enron) have either.

8. [​IMG]

Any investing - gold / metal / stocks / currency - is like any hobbie or owning firearms, etc. You do it right, you can make money. You do it wrong, and someone gets hurt and/or you lose money. Training, focus, safeties, common sense are all it takes to have the best chance to come out ahead. Don't do this, you'll be paying those who do.

9. Think I'll stick to the beer can investment...

10. *Cracks open another cold beer, gulp gulp gulp, BELCH!!*

Yep, me too.

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

I've got state retirement (SC)...
    But the beer can thing...
    I don't drink, but when i do... I like Woodchuck (Cider Draft), Jack Daniels, Evan Williams, or Jim Beam. Budweiser ruined beer for me... though Budweiser Select is tolerable. I only drink from bottles, so how much can i get for recycled glass?