Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results of my E-5 promotion examination is being published on Thursday at 0800 CDT. This is my first time testing for Staff Sergeant, and I hope I made it. I could damn sure use the pay raise. Wish me luck boys.

·
1,792 Posts
Dude, Didn't we go threw this with the E-5 promotion?? all worried and Stuff?

side note, The wife over here deploying again at the end of this month, Yea, member last time?

After this she will have more time in the sand than I do. Any rate, She is waiting on the POINTS scale, ARMY to come down and pick her up as well.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Good Luck, Best Wishes, Bon Chance, etc. Thay don't know how lucky they are to have ya'.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Good luck, my friend!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm willing to bet your skill and ability are enough to preclude the need for luck.
If only it always worked like that.

The commanders will know the results some time today, but of course, they won't pass that on to us until tomorrow. For some reason, I am finding it difficult to stay focused. This is nerve wracking to say the least.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I can identify with that lack of focus. All six times I went for promotion with my job it was like that. The 7th time, I didn't really expect it and wasn't worried at all. That's the time i got it. Go figure.

This may sound corny, but give your stress to God, man. He'll tote it for you.

Still prayin for ya, Bro.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya know, I really wasn't that worried about it until I found out the promotion rate is really high this year. Most years, the promotion rate Air Force wide is kinda low, in the 25 - 35% of eligable SrA get promoted to Staff. This year, the promotion rate is 49.78% of all eligable Air Force wide, and that means I've got a really good chance of making it, even with less than 3 years time in service. It's all about points, and I don't have many, but if I tested well, I at least stand an honest chance.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
Ya know, I really wasn't that worried about it until I found out the promotion rate is really high this year. Most years, the promotion rate Air Force wide is kinda low, in the 25 - 35% of eligable SrA get promoted to Staff. This year, the promotion rate is 49.78% of all eligable Air Force wide, and that means I've got a really good chance of making it, even with less than 3 years time in service. It's all about points, and I don't have many, but if I tested well, I at least stand an honest chance.
SRA is that senior airman? What happened to buck sgt?

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Good luck PS!!

Nah, the AF has a funny way with ranks. The lowest NCO, E5, is Staff Sergeant, followed by Tech Sergeant and Master Sergeant on up.

I was army, and felt your wife's anxiety, Thayldt21, waiting for the points to drop. Then like a dork I got my stripes and ETSd only months later.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.