Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you can just get a couple of boxes of it first to try it out. I have read on here where a couple of guys do have problems with it. If not buy some and if it doesn't work you could always sell it to someone on the forum.

G

·
I am new to the 995 but I have shot it alot this week and it eats anything that I put through it even the cheep reloads I put through it, I got my Alum. Blazers for 9.99 a box but I am liking the reloading so I just picked up a case of Independece 1000 rds for $220 today never shot them before but not to worried.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Mine doesn't like it, but I think it needs to visit the homeland for a few days, it is the original "A" version, much a pain to disassemble, and they guy who had it before me didn't bother. Wolf works fine in my other 9s. I have heard it is hard on the extractor, but I have put 2,000 through my dad's 1982 S&W 59 without any problems. Even if it is true, send it in and get it back in a week fixed for the cost of shipping, and get a Mag or 2 or the trouble. If you have it shoot it, save the good stuff for when it is under the bed.

When in doubt LOCK AND LOAD

·
Registered
850 Posts
Cabela's is on backorder for everything. But if you wanted to order bulk there is a few items on Gunbroker that are about the same price range. Just depends on what you want. There are also some outrageous prices on Gunbroker right now. So it might be worth it to backorder the ammo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have not tried it in my 995. I put 500 rounds through my Mini-14 and the steel cases nicked up the side of the reciever when they ejected. Probably will accelerate the wear on internal components as well, so I stopped using it. Might want to consider buying some American made ammo to help keep someone from losing their job. My freind worked at Federal and just got the axe.

·
Registered
665 Posts
widener's has some, but let's keep in on the DL
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6873&dir=18|829|837
Be careful. This link is for Wolf 9X18mm Makarov ammo and IS NOT for the C9 nor the 995. This ammo IS NOT Parabellum 9X19 which the C9 and 995 requires.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I have shot thousands of rounds of wolf ammo though mt 995. Not a hitch. My 995 is an "A" series as well. It needs a pilgrimage to the mother land. But it still eats wolf ammo without a problem.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
widener's has some, but let's keep in on the DL
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6873&dir=18|829|837
Be careful. This link is for Wolf 9X18mm Makarov ammo and IS NOT for the C9 nor the 995. This ammo IS NOT Parabellum 9X19 which the C9 and 995 requires.
read the description!! the picture is generic and not indicative of the actual ammo for sale!

Also I shoot Wolf and Brown Bear through my C9 and 995 all the time with 0 problems

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I have shot thousands of rounds of wolf ammo though mt 995. Not a hitch. My 995 is an "A" series as well. It needs a pilgrimage to the mother land. But it still eats wolf ammo without a problem.
Be a bit more of a pilgrimage for yours, I am about an hour drive away from the plant. Drove past it last week and said out loud d...it I should have brought it with me!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.