Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I just got a 995TS and went to the range with it, I put a 3 - 9 power scope on it due to my eye issues. No I didn't pay a premium price, the only person that had one in the West Palm Beach gun show wanted $319. I traded him a beretta bobcat SS 22LR pocket gun that I had $125 into and gave him$125 total, tax and CWP check. So I paid $250 for it out the door brand new. I also picked up 2 extra mag's at $17 per.

My question is has anyone shot Wolf 9mm 115 FMJ and has there been any issues? I shot the Blazzer without any issue.

I do not like the way you have to mount the sling on the right side !!! Has anyone mounted a sling on the left side? If so can you give me picture details?

Thanks
James
NRA Member

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If you're talking about steel-cased 9mm ammo, I haven't used Wolf but I did try Lellier & Bellot 115 gr JHP, which is brass-coated steel cased (I thought it was pure brass cases when I bought it!). I have had no issues with FTF's or FTE's. The only issues I've had is when I left a loaded mag of L&B in the carbine magwell overnight after I had cleaned and lubed the gun. The next day when I took out the mag there was a stickly substance all over the magazine, and the cases themselves had that laquered(?) brass coating dissolved by the gun's residual oiling.

My guess is that the same would happen to that Wolf case coating as well if it was left in a "wet" gun.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
I purchased some wolf at the range. It shot fine in my 995, but seemed to be very dirty ammo. Wonder what powder they use?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I shot 100 rounds Wolf 9mm steel case yesterday through my 995B with no problems. I shoot Wolf if I can't get WWB, and I really can't tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Wolf ammo seems to function fine and is reasonably accurate. Ive found it's dirty and has a foul smell. I usually clean my 995 after each range session so that's not a big problem. A lot of ranges in my area don't allow steel case ammo, you may want to check at your local range.

Ron M.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
If you're talking about steel-cased 9mm ammo, I haven't used Wolf but I did try Lellier & Bellot 115 gr JHP,
Oops! I meant to say Sellier & Bellot. Those fancy Czech "S" 's look like "L" 's on the box. Me go now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.