Women Too Weak to Defend Themselves With Guns?

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by lklawson, Sep 13, 2015.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150904/women-too-weak-to-defend-themselves-with-guns

Women Too Weak to Defend Themselves With Guns?
    FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 4, 2015

Anti-gun activist Leah Gunn Barrett, the executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, must have never read Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. Breitbart*reports*that on Al Jazeera TV, Barrett*saidthat women shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms for protection on college campuses, on the grounds that “Women are not physically powerful like men are. A gun could easily be turned on the woman, and it is frequently.”

Point of fact, criminologist Gary Kleck’s analysis of National Crime Victimization Survey data found that “[a]t most, 1% of DGUs [defensive gun uses] resulted in the offender taking a gun away from the victim.” However, Kleck noted, this “did not necessarily involve the offender snatching a gun out of the victim’s hands. Instead, a burglar might, for example, have been leaving a home with one of the household’s guns when a resident attempted to stop him using another household gun.” Kleck also found, “rape victims using armed resistance were less likely to have the rape completed against them than victims using any other mode of resistance.”

Barrett is, of course, more interested in opinion than in science. So we thought we would play along, to see how it turned out. We asked a good friend of ours, competitive shooter Carmen Lout, for her opinion about Barrett’s comment.*

On the one hand, Carmen noted that, from the standpoint of physical strength, “women are perfectly able to operate and control firearms for self-defense.” Carmen proved that point herself, during a 3-Gun Championship earlier this year, as shown in this*video. On the other hand, she also pointed out that “the ability to use firearms for self-defense also depends on factors that have nothing to do with strength, things that are entirely knowledge-based and which, for that reason, women can perform as well as men.”

Since we knew the answer, we didn’t ask Carmen what she thought of Barrett’s ultimate opinion, namely, that no woman deserves the chance to even try to defend herself, that—as a leader of the anti-gun group now known as the Brady Campaign once said—if attacked “put up no defense - give them (the criminals) what they want.”

Anti-gun activist Leah Gunn Barrett, the executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, must have never read Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. Breitbart*reports*that on Al Jazeera TV, Barrett*saidthat women shouldn’t be allowed to carry firearms for protection on college campuses, on the grounds that “Women are not physically powerful like men are. A gun could easily be turned on the woman, and it is frequently.”

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

2. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

If she were ever attacked - I bet she wished she had one.....

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

Wow, the lack of critical thinking in the U.S. these days continues to amaze me!

Well, maybe a better way to put it is that it amazes me how many of the non-thinkers are showing up in the public spot light. Blathering garbage is considered entertainment by most of us, but these witless folks like her do reach some audiences. Hopefully the back-lash will be loud and focused.

My S.O. is a 5' even, 110 lb. gal who's physical strength is, um.., appropriate for her size. But she can rack and fire effectively just about any handgun you hand her. She's quick and accurate, and her skills are starting to surpass mine.

4. Good find Kirk but I think this is crap you would be dead before you turned the gun on my wife. And atomic Ed is dead on , some of us have been
    out rite humiliated by some of the girls on the pistol range .
    we heckle ,make noise sometimes while they shoot they can now tune it out stay focused and WOW now you get this
    at 25 yard from a 120lb gal with a .40 entry point on back side
    (BTW they wanted heckled so if they have to they can shoot
    with adrenaline pumping and know what it's like )

Attached Files:

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Silly me, here I was thinking the gun was the equalizer for strength differences.:rolleyes:

Apparently this fool thinks you are supposed to use a gun as a club, or maybe as a threat, and not use it to project serious power at a distance that makes your attacker's superior strength pointless?:confused:

Idiot.:rolleyes:

6. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I think we need to introduce that moron to EvilE.... she can educate him on the finer points of how to get your arse kicked up and down the block by one of the 'weaker sex'. :rofl:

7. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Here is Dana's new NRA spot.....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqhyWd0ZqNs[/ame]

8. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    The moron was another female... but "E" could work it either way! :D

9. histed

histed Supporting Member

My wife is a little bigger and a little older. In the words of Mr. T "I pity the fool" that mistakes her for a soft target - NOT. She's not lightning, but she's at least as fast as me and usually better under pressure.
    As for what Mole said - never met E, but know a few that I imagine are like her. They are proof that this guy's both nuts and a chauvinist.

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No...SHE is a liberal, and moronically convinced by the dogma.

11. undeRGRound

INDY
    That's the thing, liberals are all about labels, and "real people" consider the individual.
    "To weak to defend" one's self can apply to anyone, but no one should just accept
    that for themselves.
    [​IMG]

12. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

If 13yo girls can do it......

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZE-EDGw2vo[/ame]

13. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Member

I sent my S.O. to this website when she was starting out. Pretty good articles for all of us. How to rack a slide with a weak grip was particularly a good article.

http://www.corneredcat.com/

14. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Cool gun! I like!

15. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Girls are weak and helpless :O

Wait I mean girls are mean and fight dirty. Flash you tricked me now I have to hide from E :-(

16. lsi1

lsi1 Member

"stupid is as stupid does" Forrest Gump

17. histed

histed Supporting Member

One of, if not THE, best site going for the beginner - man or women. Taught me how to not buy a gun for my wife. Good thing too - I'd have bought her a .38 snubby and she HATES revolvers!

Ajole - missed the SHE part somehow. Lesson to the teacher (me) to read closer.

18. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

That Flash is a trickster

19. undeRGRound

INDY
    There is a conspiracy to keep women un-armed...

[​IMG]
    Headed up by feminazis I believe...

20. Branth

Branth Member

Well, nobody told her that women were too weak to shoot firearms well. It's not her fault. She doesn't know she can't do it. :p

Kathy Jackson is fantastic. I'd love to take a class with her someday. I still need to buy her book.