Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full confession, I enter gungiveaway contests for fun, I don't expect to win anything so that's always a surprise/bonus. Recently, I entered the mks hipoint winter stock contest, and I got an email that I won a 4595 stock.

The problem being I do not own a 4595 carbine.

I'd like to avoid buying the gun simply to replace the stock mostly because that just leaves me with another stock I need to either sell or otherwise deal with.

Anyone know a company that deals in hi point receivers, have any an alternative suggestion on a reciever that would fit the stock , or an alternative suggestion on what to do with the stock?

If I can't think of anything I may just offer it up to my local gun store for store credit or something. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,231 Posts
There really aren't any places selling simple Hi Point barreled actions. Even the factory won't sell them that way. Your best bet for finding one would be to look on Gun Broker or Guns America. They do sometines appear on those sites.

Otherwise, someone here might buy that stock off of you if you put it up for sale.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Unfortunately the receiver is where the serial number is and that requires an FFL, unless you know a family/friend that wants to give you one, and only IF your State allows F2F sales or inheritances/gifts to legal gun owner. A stock can be sold or given to anyone as long as it doesn't have a gun serial number on it.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
Good old MKS.:rolleyes:

I don’t like them.

They let you win an item that is basically useless. Unless you find or own an old 4095 with the monkey stock, every gun it will fit already HAS that stock on it. There was no 4595 made without it. You could use it to do mods on, and save your other stock on your 4595 TS or 4095TS, but otherwise...not much use.
Is it the basic black?
If it’s a colored camo one, someone might give $30-$50 for it

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Good old MKS.:rolleyes:

I don't like them.

They let you win an item that is basically useless. Unless you find or own an old 4095 with the monkey stock, every gun it will fit already HAS that stock on it. There was no 4595 made without it. You could use it to do mods on, and save your other stock on your 4595 TS or 4095TS, but otherwise...not much use.
Is it the basic black?
If it's a colored camo one, someone might give $30-$50 for it
Come on teacher man! Reading comprehension! It's the winter camo stock.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
Come on teacher man! Reading comprehension! It's the winter camo stock.
Wait...you mean that if you enter a winter stock contest....that's not just a stock contest, in the winter?

Crap...totally missed that.

Reactions: histed

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Wait...you mean that if you enter a winter stock contest....that's not just a stock contest, in the winter?

Crap...totally missed that.
I know right!? Totally gobsmacked, I was.

Reactions: histed

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
@CF1782 Congrats on winning that winter stock contest!
Now for some no-so-happy info: In 8+ years of looking for Hi-Point carbine receivers I have only found two, and they were both for the 995. I'm thinking that unless you are incredibly lucky (again), you will have to wait a very long time to find a 4595 receiver.
upload_2021-3-5_8-48-12.png

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Just put u3an alert on armslist for a 4095, or 4595. Or a want to buy ad. You might get lucky and buy one cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your wealth of experience on hi points. Once I get the stock I'll put up pics of what was sent. Assuming it is what it says it is sounds like finding a reciever is going to be a long term challenge and probably not worth the effort.

30-50 bucks doesn't sound too bad overall for entering a free contest, I can get a box of ammo for an actual gun in my possession. Shame about the lack of receivers. I dont mind paying for a transfer at an ffl I just have limited gun space so two stocks for one gun is a no go.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
MKS doesn’t sell guns to people, only to FFLs.

·
Premium Member
21,140 Posts
Thank you all for your wealth of experience on hi points. Once I get the stock I'll put up pics of what was sent. Assuming it is what it says it is sounds like finding a reciever is going to be a long term challenge and probably not worth the effort.
If you find something it's liable to be a turd. It would be a turd Hi-Point would probably fix. If you don't want 2 stocks sell one, or throw it in the trash. It's not a big deal. Someone would buy it to cerakote or customize.

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Assuming it is what it says it is sounds like finding a receiver is going to be a long term challenge and probably not worth the effort.
Yep. I had a brand new 995TS stock lying around for about two years before I found that receiver pictured in Post #8.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
guy with no gun the stock will fit on enters contest and wins. this is why i do not bother anymore.
In my own defense I thought this would be more like winning a fancy stock for a Ruger 10/22 or Remington 700, and have a good excuse to buy the reciever on the cheap and I really dont expect to win entering gungiveaway given the number o entries.

·
Premium Member
35,661 Posts
Don't sweat ol' Retread, he's a bit of a negative nelly sometimes.:lurk:

Reactions: retread
1 - 18 of 18 Posts