Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 weeks ago, I mentioned that I bought some Winchester brand small pistol primers from a private individual. The LGS's have been sold out of them for a while and I was down to about 800. So when I went to the LGS on Monday, they had 5 bricks (rationing to 1 brick per customer). But it was CCI so it was priced $40 instead of the ~$36 that I'd seen for other brands. That's, what, like $0.004 price difference per primer or soemthing? They had some Large Pistol and Shotgun primers too but I don't load for any of those. So I bought my "one." That brings me to about 2,500 Small Pistol primers. I've got a nearly full brick (900-ish) of Small Rifle, and probably around 700-800 of Large Rifle primers.

Because both my Blackout and 223 use the Small Rifle, I'd like to find another brick of that but, for the moment, I don't feel too pinched.

The Large Rifle primers are for my boy's 308, which he doesn't shoot much, and my dad's 30-30, which he seems to shoot even less.

I've got probably about 300 9mm bullets on hand (mostly hard cast HP) and another 1,000 on order.

Now I need to do some more brass sorting and brass prep, particularly for 9mm. Brass prep sucks.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
I was down to 1500 small rifle primers, but I got 3000 more a couple weekends ago, so I’m feeling better. Over 2000 in all the others.

·
Administrator
24,380 Posts
Can't find small rifle around here at all. Sitting at around 4k of everything else though.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
Can't find small rifle around here at all. Sitting at around 4k of everything else though.
Yeah, I was blanked two trips in a row, so when they showed up, I went all in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts