"Wood" grips on a C9

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Oct - 2009)' started by farmkid, May 4, 2008.

1. From those pictures if he would not have said he painted them, I would have almost believed those were made from wood.

The thing that gave them away was the HP logo on the bottom.

2. Man he did a sweet job. A friend of mine wants wood grips for his so bad...... I will have to show him these pics.

3. :shock: Now that is very cool. From reading the thread he did it pretty quick too.

4. They look great, I might do the same(serious).

5. MrBrooks908

MrBrooks908 Guest

Damn now i wanna get mine painted!! lol :eek:

6. Those grips are really cool looking.

7. They are cool looking, aren't they.

8. deaconwagers

deaconwagers Guest

that looks kinda cool. someone [not it...] should attempt actual wood grips.

9. Wow!!! That really makes the whole firearm just POP!!! Me likie!!!

10. 69burbon

69burbon Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about doing that too. I'll have to see if I can get my hands some nice wood. Maybe Walnut, rosewood or Curly Maple! :D

11. Jettster

Jettster Member

Kind of reminds me of my Bersa Thunder

[​IMG]

12. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

Ive been dancing around the idea of late as i have a bunch of old pool cues floating around the shop that have NICE wood in them but are unfit for play anymore. If i could figure out a way to cut them straight id do it.

SW

13. Ari

Ari Guest

I must say that the weapon looked so much nicer then I could have ever thought it would look with those grips.

14. good looking grips! i also noticed the name of the thread they were on. "saturday night specials".......

15. I am impressed. They look great. They really make the pistol look more "upscale". You maybe able to build yourself up a little side busniss offering this service to Hi Point owners. Earn some bucks for your gun hobby. Just a thought.

16. I wish I had skills so I could do that! I have no artistic talent. I can't even write my name decently let alone paint grips to look like wood.

17. liked it so much i called hi point today and they are sending me some extra grips

18. I wonder how long it would take for the paint to wear off. Looks nice but I really like having the slip on grip on mine.

19. This thread is back from the dead. Those grips look fantastic! Wonder if they still are holding up.

Kind of funny that even on a Bryco, Jennings, Jimenez forum, they're bashing Hi-Points!