Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i made a set of wood hand grips, I still have to wire in a laser light switch & batteries, i painted the frame silver, Now do I leave the slide Black? strip it and paint silver? will the Rust-Oleum Universal stick to the slide, is there some where that plates the slide??
I Know the pictures are not the best.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
OK so i made a set of wood hand grips, I still have to wire in a laser light switch & batteries, i painted the frame silver, Now do I leave the slide Black? strip it and paint silver? will the Rust-Oleum Universal stick to the slide, is there some where that plates the slide??...
The grips look very nice. I like the two-tone look; keep it.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Now that is a beautiful example of craftsmanship!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Grips look customized for your hand (different impressions on each side). Sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
I'm torn. It looks great the way it is but I'd like to see what it looks like with the slide silver as well. Maybe get another slide from HP so you can have one of each?

Damn fine work.

-'b

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes i did make to fit my hands, no slide on grip needed any more. heres some pics w/ mags. I might have to call and see if they will send me another slide?

·
Registered
177 Posts
How does the paint hold to the frame? Have you tried to scratch with your fingernail to see if it wants to come off?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really liking the look.

CHAD

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
Yes i did make to fit my hands, no slide on grip needed any more. heres some pics w/ mags. I might have to call and see if they will send me another slide?

buy a parts kit off GB. they are on there from time to time from evidence guns. i bought my last one for 25$ delivered.

SW

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I like the look of the black slide at the top with the black mags at the bottom, gives it a real balanced look, IMO

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
First: good job on the grips!

i vote all silver. i think the three tone black/silver/wood is too much....and all black with wood grips would look odd......so yeah, i vote all silver/wood grips.
I didn't really notice this at first, but now I agree: three colors is a bit much. I'm not sure if I like all silver, though, so maybe paint the slide with a brown that complements the wood?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Awsome I really love the feel the toes give the pic. I have one question do you have a guide or a pattern for some of others to go by so we could try our hand at wood working up some cool grips..

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yunggunz87

No pattern done using plastic grips , by eye , and ruler. and lots of test fitting, i will try to make a pattern on the next set. on this set i used 1" x 4" stock red oak? from Lowe's. next set will NOT be 1" thick. :cantlook:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts