Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Not that I'm aware of. The grips are actually quite complicated, as they hold a number of pieces in place so that the gun can function. This was actually asked amonth or so ago. Best option is the wood grain grips available from HP. That's what I did with my JHP
Welcome to the zoo, by the way. You bring treats?

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thingmiester use to make them. He doesn’t list them on his site any more but you might contact him and ask. They were pretty pricy though, running close to a Ben Franklin.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
Does anybody still make wood grips for Hi Point pistols, particularly the JCP 40?
I bought 2 sets, the trick is to select wood that he does not have in stock, buy the wood and have it sent to him and make sure the slab is big enough for several sets of grips. He may give you a nice deal, like he did for me.

Thingmeister

·
Administrator
24,593 Posts
Thingmiester use to make them. He doesn’t list them on his site any more but you might contact him and ask. They were pretty pricy though, running close to a Ben Franklin.

@undeRGRound
Already tried. He quit making them. This question gets asked and answered monthly.

@texasdrummer1968 no, nobody we know of makes wooden grips anymore. The hydrodips are the only aftermarket ones available.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
25,876 Posts
@undeRGRound
Already tried. He quit making them. This question gets asked and answered monthly.
😳

TMF had/has a youtube video showing all the steps involved "I believe" or maybe it was
the partially finished grips that he sold. Like @histed said, there are specific cut on the
underside of the grips for the various safeties. The magazine safety is one of these.
But that can be deleted. There is also a spring that holds it in the engaged position
when the mag is absent. The partially finished grips had this mag safety pre-cut.
The video makes it look pretty easy, but there are a lot of steps. Plus they need a
clearcoat lacquer or varnish.

I had 2 sets of the JHP/JCP grips, very nice. Royal Jacaranda and the Bumble Bee
which is like your 10/22 stock, yellow and black. The "RJ" had dark blue, black,
purple and gray. Very cool looking.

·
Premium Member
35,832 Posts
Wrong guy, Mole. Histed said that, not me.

Reactions: undeRGRound
1 - 7 of 7 Posts