WOOT! Got my CCW permit today!

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by Carpe_Jugulum, Apr 10, 2008.

1. I got up to get ready for work and hear "what did you do? You've got a letter from the sheriff" so I turned around went back the the bedroom and grabbed my XD and holster took the permit and went to work.

And at work they fired the VERY VERY well armed paranoid dude.
    Glad I got the permit today

2. Grats on your CCW!

EDIT: I signed up for the ccw course at my local indoor range. I figure I should get it now before the election goes south and we get screwed.

3. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Welcome to the club! Carry wise and carry safe!

4. mrgrinch233

mrgrinch233 Member

congrats Carpe. Glad to have another one on our side

5. browwiw

browwiw Member

Don't worry, I'm sure it would take McCain at least six months before he declared martial law over something 'terrorist related' and started the confiscations.

6. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Congrats. Mine should be arriving in the next couple of days.

7. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

Mine came today too! Congrats!

8. Congrats, My dad and I are going to take the class on the 16th.

9. Congrats on the CCW guys! Many of us have had no issues making the transition - I on the other hand, found it somewhat interesting. If you've not carried or haven't been handling guns for 20 years, it can be a bit "strange".

Let us know how it goes. Stay safe and carry the torch for each of us with pride!

10. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I've been open-carrying for a while. The only difference now is that I get to keep it covered, and carry it in my car.

11. Yeah it is strange. I havent't even been shooting for 2 years yet. right now I'm not chambering a round untill I a little more used to having a gun with me

Today with the first day out with it really since I can't carry inside work. It probably sounds crazy but I felel lopsided for lack of a better word. The XD + 16 hollowpoints adds a bit of weight where it never was before.

Also can any of you long time CCW folks help me out? here is my holster
    [​IMG]

that band at the top wraps all the way around and on the body side it's rather rough/sharp and is a bit uncomfortable. is there a good way to smooth and soften it?

I'll try to get the pic of the offending side later after Sara Jane Adventures is over (yes I am a hardcore Sci-fi geek)

12. Can't help you on softening leather.... my holsters have been pretty good that way.

If you don't already, you may want to carry at home too. Many of us do. Not that I'm paranoid or anything, I find it helps me get used to the weight and feel and get more comfortable having a "loaded gun" so ready. Also, carrying at home gives you "hours" toward feeling comfortable carrying chambered, etc.

13. blkhwkfxr

blkhwkfxr Guest

Concider me one of the paranoids =) I carry at home also, simply because of the recent rise in home invasions in the area.
    Gratz on the CCW, I wish you many safe years of never having to use it =)
    As far as the offending holster, you may have to go through 3 or 4 before you find one to carry concealed with comfortably . I found mine on the third. It is a VERY cheap Uncle Mikes IWB. It feels padded all around, without adding bulk, my weapon slides in and out with ease (without being a drop hazard) and was the least expensive of the three... go figure.

14. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

I'm looking for a good IWB XD holster too...

15. I don't carry my XD Service, but I do carry my M&P9C in a high noon holster. It's called the MR. SOFTY - it's in stock, it's not expensive and it's very comfortable. They have tuckable ones like it too - I use one of the those when I carry my P-11. Both are affordable for giving it a chance.