Work on my C9

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by xtremeweather, Jan 17, 2016.

1. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

Took a break from the wifes new 380 and polished the barrel and port block on my C9 today. Thanks to cicup for all his help.

Attached Files:

2. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

Debating if I want to do the same to my 45 or not.....

3. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

4. The C9 came out awesome, I say do it!

5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Came out damn nice, I say do it!!

6. Bigern

Bigern Member

That looks awesome! Did you remove the barrel to polish it or were you able to do it without removal? Going to do the same to mine soon and debating if I need to remove the barrel.

7. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

Bigern, I went back and corth with that but in the end I took the barrel off the frame. That said, I can see doing it without taking the barrel off but you will need to completely field strip it.

8. Dave4903

Dave4903 My other car is a M60A3 Supporting Member

That looks sharp! Especially with the grips that you installed on it.

9. Bigern

Bigern Member

Thanks for the response man, so I'm taking the barrel off it seems. Again that looks great!

10. xtremeweather

xtremeweather Member

Bigern,

I forgot to say, the best advise given to me by cicpup was be prepared for machine marks in the ejection block. Its going to require allot of sanding.. I started with 150 grit, and worked up from there.

11. Bigern

Bigern Member

Thanks for the tip weatherman! I have done many polishing jobs on my airguns. I can safely say that I have mastered the art of metal polishing lol... I was already looking at the ejection port, man those marks are deep! That is going to take some time for sure!

Question now is, I just got the C9 and I am supposed to go to the range and test it out on Thursday but I'm so ready to start polishing!!! Should I wait to test it or just go for it :confused::confused::confused:

12. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    When I see things like that, I always go...huh?:confused:

And then I realize that not everyone can jump in the truck at the drop of a hat, go shooting down at the local "shooting range" (also known as a wide spot off the road facing a large canyon wall) and be back in 30 minutes to do the other things.

13. Bigern

Bigern Member

Yeah, wish I could do that... trust me I would love to!