Worst customer service ever

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by davidmichael45, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmichael45

davidmichael45 Member

I wrote highpoint about the .45 red dot i purchased used... I wanted to know if it was the older model.. its jamming alot when i pull it back to throw one in the chamber.. when i have 3 bullets in the magazine it dont jam.. all they did was email me and send it back... $50 shipping overnight for a $125.00 gun? no way. i then emailed them and asked i have seen videos of guys breaking down thier highpoint guns and notice the recoil spring has a solid object in the end of the spring... mine dont have this.. its just the spring... also the spring next to the firing pin dont have the shorter spring overlapping the other spring.. mine is just a spring thats bent on the end... i must have an older model im guessing. i just asked them is this the way the gun was built or did someone take these out... not a word back.. so i will not be buying another highpoint if they cant answer a simple question... mine jams.. so my opinion its a useless gun.

2. Thats, funny worst customer service ever. Try sending a Ruger, or Kel-tec back that you bought USED. see what they have to say.

All of the info you need is at your finger tips to fix this. Ask nicely and people here will send you parts break downs even pics of there own guns.

Save the shipping for when its actually broke.

Clearly this is a trolling thread looking for trouble.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I would certainly take that USELESS piece of junk off your hands. I'll even give you $50 to relieve your aggravation. NO GOOD piece of $%!¥. What kind of person would let you suffer like this?

4. Red Dot? In your other post it looks like a Haskell. I'll up Macho Melvin to $55 for your horrible pistol.

5. MachoMelvin

Adam01364, I guess you are just a more kinder, gentler person than I am?
    And I thought I was being Dr Kevorkian's, helping him out of his misery?

6. rickm

rickm Member

I want to know how a red dot jams? I thought a red dot was a sighting instrument didnt know it would shoot to I need to try and send mine back also cause it wont fire at all.

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  8. james45

james45 Member

I've always had great service with hi-point,my biggest complaint is not being able to get through when you call.FFL holders can ship it usps,I'd ask the gun shops in your area what they would charge to ship it.

9. davidmichael45

davidmichael45 Member

troll? lol... hardly a troll. the lady from highpoint emailed me twice and pretty quickly at that. but, when I asked was this a older gun ,ect. she has never replied. I operated a musical business for 12 yrs and I always sent a reply to my potential customers.....

10. davidmichael45

davidmichael45 Member

don't get me wrong.. I love the gun and everything.. the recoil on this.45 is smooth as silk... its just when the bullet jams when I pull the slide back fast.... I will just buy me a new magazine and see if that helps. I believe what I was told on the magazine is the problem... yes you are right I am new to guns... I have this jh.45 and a sar b5p 9mm.

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

it'd be difficult to tell if it's an older model or not without seeing a picture of it first

12. MachoMelvin

He has a picture on another post it is a JH-45. It has been polished to look like Chrome. I wouldn't give up on it. By ordering a new magazine, you will be eliminating 1/2 the problems. You can always use another magazine?

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Also, be aware that the Hi-Point, being a 'blow-back' design, that when you hand rack the slide, you must let go of it completely and let the slide slam forward on it's own accord.

14. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Ok, so if this is the old JH with heel release mags, it is indeed old.

And mags will probably only be available from the factory.

Try calling...email is pretty hit or miss.

And lastly, UPS or FedEx is screwing you. It should cost $12-$15 normal shipping, some of their centers try to force you to pay for overnight, but that's their policy, not the law. Screw them, either try another center that doesn't try to screw you, or do what the factory says, ship it as machine parts.

15. I'd mess with the lips of the magazine before shipping or buying anything for it.

They most likely are too loose or to tight. They are easy enough to tweak.

16. TRWXXA

TRWXXA Member

So HP's "Send us your pre-owned gun and we'll fix it for free, no questions asked." policy is what you call, "Worst customer service, ever!"

You don't get out much, do you?

17. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Very simple, first ship your mags in to Hipoint and ask that they be replaced with new ones, this should cost you about $3 shipping via USPS. If that doesn't solve the issue, then send in your .45 with the mags. Send via UPS "GROUND", not overnight. Package everything up at home, if they ask the contents at UPS, tell them machine parts. You are not breaking any laws by shipping UPS ground. You CANNOT ship your handgun via USPS or you would be breaking the law. Via UPS ground, it should cost you about $12-15 max.

If none of these options suit your needs, then sell your POS.

18. MGunny

MGunny Member Member

Try this for customer service

While digging through a salave yard looking for parts for 2000 F250 I came across a 2004 F250 with less that 5k on so I figured it got wreaked early in its life.I needed a grill,head light assy,radiator,after a Deer hit.the wreak was a head on so what I needed was useless I was rooting around in the cab and under the drivers seat I found a CS9 wrapped in a bread wrapper,it was the rustiest gun I have every seen.I took it to the office and told them where I found it,it was impossible to even get the slide to move.
    Long story short I sent it to MOM and asked if there was anything they could do with it less than 4 weeks later I got the gun back with 2 new mags-according to the serial # plate on the frame it is the basket case I set them-total charge $14 shipping-I'm just saying:D

19. james45

james45 Member

I actually had to order a part today and the lady on the phone was very friendly and it only took a few minutes.Now when I called S&W for a new slide end cap,they wouldn't sell me one and wanted me to send my gun in,I'm sure it would have been weeks before I got it back...I can strip and reassemble that slide in less than a minute ffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.