would u pay $80 for a stallard 9 mm?

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by telecaster, Jan 15, 2016.

1. telecaster

telecaster Member

I am new to the group ..joined it because I need a little advice ..does Highpoint honor their guarantee with Stallard also? T he reason I ask is I have a chance to buy one for for $80..in case it blows up on me if I can send it in?
    thanx for letting me in the group

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I paid $90 for the model before the Stallard..so yes.

They will fix it, but if it's really bad, they might replace it. Then you can kiss it goodbye, because if they replace it, you'll get a brand new C9.:p

And lastly, it won't blow up. :rolleyes:

3. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter

I sent in an old alloy frame Model C and rather than fix it, they sent me a new C9.

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    :welcome:telecaster!!!

5. Hey, Telecaster, first off, welcome to the bunch of nut cases we call the H-P Forum, (myself included---)
    As to the 9 mm Stallard, well if it were me I'd want to know what kind of shape the Stallard was in, how the bore is,, etc., but I can tell you that I own a Stallard in ,45 ACP, (which I bought new, in a Hi Point box, go figure!) It's a damn fine shooter, and the grip is more on the 1911 style. I do know the magazines are not interchangeable, as I also have the later .45 H-P, but the magazines were still available for the Stallard .45, last time I checked, and I bought two.
    As to the guarantee, that I'm not sure of, as I don't know if the internals are the same as the present Hi Points. (Reminds me to disassemble and compare the two .45s I have!) A quick phone call to Hi Point would answer that question, and the question as to whether the 9mm magazines are still to be had.
    Hope this helps at least a little, and if the 9mm is in good shape, I would jump on it, as there are a lot of H-P collectors on the forum who are looking for the older ones! (Speaking of which, I didn't start out being an H-P collector, but damned if I don't have 9 of them, now! Just watch it, these things have a tendency to grow on you)!
    Again, welcome!
    Fred (Honcho)

6. sarahsmom

sarahsmom Supporting Member

Welcome,Telecaster! Love the name! That is my favorite guitar! I really miss mine - oh, well, I really didn't do justice to it anyway! :(:cool:

7. Grant

Grant Member

Yes buy it. If there is a problem send it in.

8. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome from the great southwest!
    I would buy it! It's 80 bucks. I paid 80 for a Raven Arms .25. It's a win win.
    Fun fun fun!!

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    BUY It, but do not send it in! Fix it, or get it fixed, it's a more historical
    Hi Point, metal frame and all that. ;)

10. telecaster

telecaster Member

Great info. Thanx to everyone. If they sent me a new c9 wouldn't complain. That's what I wanted to start with just couldn't come up with the $160

11. Umm, if it's a .45 ACP, wouldn't that make it a Haskell?
    $80 for a Stallard? You bet I'd buy it! :)

12. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

As of Jan 2015, Hi Point does not repair or replace any alloy frame gun. They still have some parts for repairs, but the customer will have to do the work.

13. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I thought that was just the flat grip Mavericks & Stallards.

14. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

NOPE, I heard that Mike Strassell put the order out when he took over last year. Irishfantatic sent a JH-45 back to Haskell in October for repairs & they sent his gun back with a letter that they no longer repair or replace their alloy frames. When I was @ Iberia Arms they told me the same thing. But, they were more than willing to help me, but hey, I am Machomelvin? I guess if you have over 60 HP's there maybe some wiggle room?

15. missiledefender

missiledefender Supporting Member

Not sure what it looks like or what shape that it's in. So, if it looked okay and was functional: Yes SIR, sure would

16. ichthyo

ichthyo Lifetime Supporter