Would you like to see a CCW section on HPFF?

Discussion in 'CCW & Open Carry' started by pills, Jan 2, 2008.

Would you like to see a CCW section on HPFF?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pills

pills Guest

I thought I would start a poll to see what the response is.

2. Voted no, kinda the point of Urban Warrior. Not saying all the CC talk doesn't belong here, I enjoy every CC discussion we have here, but if we went and made a new section for everything we like talking about this place would have too many sections to keep track of. For topic to topic discussion, people can just ask away here. But for more in depth research and reading, I say leave that to the sister site, urban warrior.

3. pills

pills Guest

Thank you for your response. I for one have no interest in joining that other site. Should something bad happen and the sites I visit come into play I don't think I want one with a name such as that being used against me. Maybe I am paranoid but it doesnt mean they arent out to get me if ya know what I mean.

I come here for my hi-point information (and a little other stuff too). I figured since there are so many members here who own Hi-points and that this would be the proper location. Didn't the slogan used to be something along the lines of your source for all things Hi-Point?

4. I completly agree with the need to keep CC discussion going here and not to direct it elsewhere, I'm just pointing out that it seems to be working fine the way it is now, there isn't too much of it where it is flooding another area. I like seeing as many subjects in one area as possible (within reason of course) as it makes finding threads alot easier to locate and browse between. I also understand your reasoning for not wanting to join the urban warrior, but there are other resources that offer vast amounts of CC information, far more then we here at HPFF or Urban Warrior could ever hope to rival. I am by any means telling you to go elsewhere, just saying for the nitty gritty research neither urban or hpff could compare, only offer a place to raise questions and points. To me this seems an issue of where to file our questions, under lounge/other firearms, or in their own topic and I just don't see enough out there yet to justify adding a new topic just yet. You all know I enjoy discussing compacts and pocket pistols as that's where alot of my attention has been directed lately with my recent interest in getting my permit and start jumping through all the hoops to do so. But even as my opnion on the matter has been so clearly stated, it is not up to just me. As I mentioned we are discussing it between the mods and admins to get the thoughts of all of the "staff" before throwing a decission out there. Try to be patient with us, you all know we are a little "slow" at times ;-)

5. pills

pills Guest

Please don't take this as being argumentative as I really appreciate the thought process involved. As it seems now the topics are scattered from general to pistols to lounge and even to other brands. If there was a dedicated place it might streamline the posts and the searches. I am sure you have already considered that but I am throwing it out just in case. YMMV

6. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

The Urban Warrior is a resource for everyone or anyone to talk about a number of subjects based on CCW, Personal Protection, Home Defense, In Vehicle Defense and a few other related subjects. The Urban Warrior does not compete with HPFF as it covers a whole other realm of information. Many members on HPFF visit Urban Warrior, Urban Warrior members visit HPFF, they are sister sites where some of the Moderators and Admin of HPFF also work over at the Urban Warrior. Cant be much more diverse then that to show the true bond between the sites. I cant see how a forum name could possibly be detrimental to someone if a "BAD THING" happens to them, we are not talking about "Bombs are Us" or "Shoot up a School.Com" the forums name is the Urban Warrior. I can see some may not wish to join another site and no one is forcing anyone to do so, if you have a CCW question post it here on HPFF in the Hi-Point General Discussion Section and I will be more then happy to help with my experience and expertises here as I would on Urban Warrior. HPFF is Hi-Points, Buying, Ownership, Maintenance, Modification, Shooting , Etc the Urban Warrior HPFF sister site is CCW. Guests can view all information on Urban Warrior without registering just in case big brother is watching. Urban Warrior is a young site (About 8 Weeks old) with about 100 members and 2000 posts so any one who wishes to take advantage of the sites information, stop by look around and see if it fits your CCW needs. If not I"ll help you here on HPFF or direct you to a CCW site that can.

Come Visit HPFF's New Sister site the Urban Warrior,
    http://urbanwarrior.freeforums.org/index.php

7. A.C.P.

A.C.P. Member

Hows bout replacing the sorta dead in the water paintball airgun section. Hardly ever used. Just an idea.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

A CCW forum on here would help to clean up the mess. I've seen CC topics n the FFZ, in the lounge, in general hi-point discussion, and in the pistols forums. It would streamline everything, make the site neater and more user friendly, and make stuff easier to find, if there was a CCW forum section for all those topics to go into.

9. But then we could do a funny photo topic...and a 1911 topic...and of course a mosin topic...we COULD make a topic for every thing we talk about regularly, but then the forum is so scattered that "streamlined" quickly becomes a "pita". Like I said, it's being discussed, may or may not happen, it's a wait and see deal now.

10. Maybe there could be more interaction with GMs website, such as a section here on CCW that has a link that automatically takes you over there where it is a more specialized forum for the topic

11. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

That can be introduced ASAP, just give the word and its done.

12. pills

pills Guest

I forgot we even had that forum. I went and looked at it and there is less than 40 post in the entire forum.

13. pills

pills Guest

Seems like alot of work for little benefit. Plus in the interest of disclosure you would need to tell people they were leaving the HPFF site...

Why not just put it here?That way if there is ever a parting of ways between the siblings the information is retained? Also it makes it easier to remember which site it was on.

14. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

Funny photos fits in one topic, not enough for a whole forum, and falls quite well into the lounge.

There is a 1911 and a mosin forum, its called "Other Brands of Firearms."

CCW is talked about a lot, and in multiple forum sections, it really needs its own section, as it doesn't really fit anywhere.

15. Personally I've seen alot of issues concerning CCW brought up and answered already. I think this is just fine.

17. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

18. pills

pills Guest

I guess you and I will have to just disagree sir. I am for making THIS site better not promoting other forums. I for one see it as completely relevant to this one. It may be true that some of the mods are mods on the other site. That is fine and dandy. Several of us are mods/admins on other sites. I am an admin on a car site. I would think it improper for me to join or make another car site and start promoting it on my friends site unless it was completely different. What benefit would it be to my friend if I went around trying to lure people away. Most folks only have so much time in their day to spend surfing the net. Why take/send valuable resources to someone elses site? Even if the information is duplicated why make it so that your users have to try to remember if they saw it on carbdford.com or carbdcars.com? It cost nothing to add the sub forum. If lack of mods is the problem I am sure some of you level headed folks could step up and help out.

I will not be joining, or posting, etc the other site.

As for why? On the off chance that I ever have to use my weapon in self defense I do not want any possibility of being painted as an "Urban Warrior" by some shady lawyer in a civil suit. I come here to learn about my weapon and the proper use and care thereof. While here I tend to read and share ideas about current political events and emergency preparedness. I am not looking for info on securing my house from Zombie attacks or whatever. I am just an average joe trying to get by with my inexpensive handguns and rifles.

Anyways the decision is not up to me. I thought I would post the poll so that others could chime in to show the mods the level of interest.

19. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

As said, HPFF is Hi-Points....Urban Warrior is CCW. If I was going to place any credence on your post Pills then the INTERNET would only have "ONE" website for every subject out there and that would be that. The pure relevance of the INTERNET is that there can be hundreds of sites on a single subject. While they all have a common theme they all have something unique to offer those who are in search of information. As for time to surf the net that depends on the surfer and they can utilize their time as they see fit, no valuable resources are being moved from HPFF to Urban Warrior as the reverse is also true. Your shady lawyer in a civil suit argument is valueless and a real stretch of the imagination. If you commit a totally criminal act of murder or unjustified Man Slaughter your actions and physical evidence are judged, one could use the Urban Warrior as a defense showing you joined and visited a website dedicated to the "LAWFUL" carry and use of a firearm during self defense encounter. You tried to "EXPAND" your knowledge to be a safe and law abiding CCW so how in the world would a shady lawyer used that? I guess Front Sight, Black Water, Wilson Combat, The Gun Zone, Top Gun the NRA and the rest of the better gun training schools should hurry and do a name change just in case.