Would you like to see a Hi-Point multi-calibre rifle?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by griff30, Dec 8, 2007.

Would you like a Hi-Point single shot multi-caliber rifle?

This poll will close on Feb 7, 2106 at 1:28 AM.
  1. Yes! And my cabilbers would be:

100.0%
  2. No! I would rather buy several different rifles.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. griff30

griff30 Member

Thompson Conteders cost a fortune for all the calibres I would love to play with and I am sure you think the same.
    With all the talk of other calibers, why not a cheap version of the thompson Center's contender? We could pick the barrel of our liking.

A simple break open receiver like a single shot shotgun can't be that expensive. The barrels for a TC would break me for all the calibers I want. What do you think?

2. griff30

griff30 Member

First vote is mine and the caliber is 50 BMG, thank you.

3. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

It's a great idea, but it would never happen. Currently Hi-Point is running full capacity just trying to keep up with the demand for their current line. Everyone wants a Hi-Point and this is a hugh reason why Hi-Point pistols and carbines are real hard to find in some places.

4. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

griff, there is already a company making a affordable line of single shot guns with interchangeable barrels. The NEF handi-rifle.

http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/Rifles/handiRifle.aspx

You buy the first gun and have the factory install whatever barrel you want. the last one i had done was about 85$. I paid around 205 for the gun new.

SW

5. griff30

griff30 Member

I am sold.