Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end !

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by wvwoodsman, Feb 17, 2015.

1. wvwoodsman

wvwoodsman Member

Hi, I'm a new member and thanks for having me. I picked up my 995ts from my FFL dealer yesterday and shot it today. I can step out my front door and i have my range about 30 yards away. Its all stock besides an angled foregrip i put on it and i shot 10 rounds in a group the size of a golf ball. First time fired right out of the box, i wouldn't want to be on the receiving end ! I owned a hp 9 mm pistol in the past but didn't shoot it much. The rifle i see me shooting it alot !

2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the asylum. I love my 4095 as well.

3. uavdb

uavdb Member

Ohhh.....you're going to be needing lots of ammo!

4. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

Welcome to the forum! And congrats on the purchase.

In case you need an excuse to shoot your 999TS: You have to check out a variety of ammo to see what shoots best in it, just like any firearm. ;-)

5. wvwoodsman

wvwoodsman Member

Bullets

Yeh guys i'm gonna need more rounds. We had a state of emergency cause of the snow , so the leads a flyin' !!!:D

6. Pablo

Pablo Carbine Guy aka Zippy Member

Stock up on bulkish 9mm. Use $10 per box 50 as a goal/guide.

7. Yep...My 995 saw over 2,000 rounds in 2.5 months...:loco:

Started out buying 50 & 100rd boxes at WallyWorld or even the range...then realized I was throwing away a LOT of money for no good reason...:help:

Although, for me, it was a rocky start with them...Freedom Munitions has been my "go-to" place for bulk ammo. Usually just under 20 cents a round, and they offer FREE SHIPPING on your first order. My 1st order was 2,000 rounds, LOL! :D

They also have weekly and sometimes 24 hour specials, as well as $5 flat rate shipping deals. I also shot quite a bit of Federal Aluminum at $9.97/box of 50 at WalMart.

Personally, I always hated the 10 round mags....but now after owning a few other firearms with 25 round, and 32 round mags...I kinda wish I had 10 rounders in all of them....you think you'll shoot a lot using 10 round mags....psshhh...Yesterday, I went through 200 rds of 9mm, 250 rounds of 22LR, and ten 3" Winchester (bad boy 1700 fps) SuperX slugs...and was done in an hour...:blush:

At least shooting the 995, with only 3 mags, range time lasted a lot longer due to reloads.

Congrats on the new purchase.

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Only 3 mags! You need at least 7.

9. wvwoodsman

wvwoodsman Member

Thanks for the heads up on ammo. Any of you guys have the 2 clip holder on the stock? Does it get in the way ? It seems like the stock is recessed enough that they shouldn't stick out. I was thinking about the addition.

10. The_Cysko_Kid

The_Cysko_Kid Member

I've got the holder for my 4595 it doesn't stick out too badly. Not so you'd notice anyway.

11. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

I like my mag holder. It does not get in the way at all.

12. wvwoodsman

wvwoodsman Member

Thanks Cysko Kid thats what i needed to know !

13. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

You would do well to look into the UpLula mag loader to help speed things along during reloading.
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOaqyvd3LS0[/ame]

14. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Welcome! Now we need to get you trained right and get you posting pictures of your range reports.

I have the dual mag holder and it's not in the way at all on my 995TS.

15. PapaMAS

PapaMAS PapaMAS Member

I have it - no problems.

16. FWIW, I saw that Freedom Munitions has had a price increase recently...

It was cheaper for me to buy Federal Aluminum for $9.97/box of 50 and pay 6% sales tax, then to pay their new higher price...:(

17. Martinus

Martinus Member

next on my list, for the 4595-mag holder, and 3-point sling..

18. wvwoodsman

wvwoodsman Member

That loader looks effortless, thanks ! Also thanks to all about the mag holder. You guys make great salesmen, i will be getting both ! Liberty, how do i post pics on here ?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  19. cvomike

cvomike Member

Going tomorrow to pick up my carbine in 45 can't wait