Wounded Warrior project anti-gun?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bscar, May 11, 2015.

1. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

http://tactical****.com/wounded-war...rms-organization-is-anti-gun-and-anti-knife/#
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/gun-talk/wounded-warrior-project-email-exchange/10151354082553313

edit:stupid censoring ruining the url. s-h-i-t

Last edited: May 11, 2015

2. Back2School

Back2School Member

Wow! Stupidity at its finest.

3. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

I've heard a lot of bad stuff about the WWP. I heard they are not using the donations for Vets they way they are supposed to and are paying exorbatent salaries and bonuses to their execs.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I won't give them any money.

5. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

I've read that in two different locations. I'll try and track the stories down.

From what I remember, the Board and President use 60% of the collected/donated monies for salaries for themselves and their staff.

The program spends less than 30% of the donated money on the Wounded Warriors.

eldar

6. MXGreg

MXGreg Supporting Member

First line under the title:

November 13, 2012 at 8:56am

So what's up with that?

7. talon

talon the banned wagon

I wouldn't give them a penny. Very little of the money they raise even goes to helping. But the executives all have large paychecks.

8. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

the first link, if you replace the **** with sh it(without the space), it shows the article as being posted 5-5-2015, the FB page was dated 2012.

9. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Good information to know. WW is not the only Vet charity one cannot trust. The DAV was exposed several years ago, and I quit giving them money. Supposedly they have corrected the problems. I have not given any money to the WW or for quite some time, and won't in the future until the situation is corrected or proven false.

10. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Instead of giving to big national organization support your local vets. When I was healthier I was part of 6 BBQ for the troops events to greet returning soldiers. Biggest was 29 Palms...

11. DEDUBE

DEDUBE Si vis pacem para bellum Member

For the last 2-3 years our local Brothers of the Third wheel has sold a least a couple of shotguns or rifles a year for the WWP. They accepted the money with out a problem, I saw on a fact sheet of charitys that WWP only uses about 8% of the moneys for wounded vets.