Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
406 Posts
Looks good. Will this mod void the gun's warranty? Also, can ramp feed be polished somewhat without breaking gun down? The thought of hammering away on my gun to tear it down disturbs me, I spray gun scrubber in it after a good bore cleaning.
I'm not sure you can void their warranty, as it is "No questions asked," but don't be surprised if you raise a few eyebrows if you ever send it in!! lol

· Premium Member
406 Posts
You can go to Harbor Freight tools and get a dremel knock off for about $20 made by a Chicago Tools. I have had mine for about 3 years and it still works fine. Not a lot of money to get the better results.
+1 on the Harbor Freight. They have very decent tools for a great price. Don't let the price fool you I have a 500 piece knock off Dremel set from Harbor Freight that I may use to polish my feed ramp with. I have used the kit quit a bit and it only cost 15 bucks. I have not had any probs with my c-9 yet so I will wait a while before I polish it.
Harbor Freight is kinda like Hi-Point, not a lot of $$$, but the same results. I wouldn't go to Harbor Freight if I was a contractor or something where I was going to be hard on my tools and use them constantly, but for an average guy to use on things like this, they work fine. I kinda look at Hi-Point the same way. I probably wouldn't use it as my main weapon if I were a cop or something where my life depended on it, but for the average shooter, it is a great choice...
"Harbor Freight- The (Chinese) Hardware version of Hi-Point"
I can just see that as their new slogan, lol

Most of their tools have a lifetime warranty. I have broken several of their items before, and they'll exchange it, no questions asked, no receipt needed. I have not broken ANYTHING from their Pittsburgh Tools line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.