Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 16" barrel for an AR-15. I'll be picking up a Century Arms c15 Sporter (AR-15) next week and want to change out to a shorter barrel.

I'd be willing to trade the OEM 20" barrel + cash for the 16", or purchase the barrel outright.

If you prefer to correspond through email, you can send it to: [email protected] I'm located in Syracuse

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am in Buffalo, and I think my friend has a 16" upper if your interested. We have stores out that way, so I could get it out to you pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm really only looking for the barrel but I may be willing to trade uppers + cash if need be. I've heard mixed reviews on these rifles...some say Panther uppers, some say Colt. The barrel is the only thing I'm really wanting to change, though, so let me know :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I will ask him.

There are a lot of guys that will hate on anything that's not a pony or a bushwacker. I usually ignore them :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds great--I appreciate it.

Yeah, I'm not a gun snob and don't really care to converse with them, either. I'm smart enough to know if I like something. The price of it doesn't weigh in on that decision. I'm also not looking to build a 300-yard tack-driver. Just a fun rifle to take to the range and maybe take down a 'yote if need be.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have an Olympic Arms with a 16inch barrel that I would not mind putting a 20 incher on.

Any pictures of what you have?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Also if you have a fixed stock and want a sliding stock, I would not mind trading for that as well.

Just throwing that out for you to think about.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an Olympic Arms with a 16inch barrel that I would not mind putting a 20 incher on.

Any pictures of what you have?
This is what the patient will look like. She has about 200 rounds through her at most and she's about 1-2 years old. I'm definitely interested in the trade and I'd be interested in the stock, too. Basically, we could do a complete parts swap right down to the gas tubes. That should make it extremely easy on both of us, I think.

Do you have a picture of your AR? :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I will take one later today. I bought it new about 2 years ago and have only put about 200-300 rounds though it myself. 223 is just tooo expensive to plink with.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's funny you say that...that was one of my main reasons for deciding againgst an AR in the first place. But when someone offered to trade theirs for my Mini-14, I just couldn't pass it up.

Ammo costs are also one of the biggest reasons I got my GSG-5. It's almost more fun to shoot than my AK, and I can empty (6) 22-round magazines at the range and it only costs me a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well doh. I forgot to take the picture before I left for work.

I won't be home til around 10 tonight so I won't be able to get the picture up til around 11 pm tonight or so.

But this is a picture of what mine looks like (this one isn't mine):

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm just thinking that we could swap out entire uppers. That way we both don't have to do anything unusual. Just pop the 2 pins out of the upper, take it off, mail it, and be done. Then we just pop the replacement upper in place.

The only thing would be the stock, you would have to find someone to remove the stock for you, you need a special wrench i think.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just thinking that we could swap out entire uppers. That way we both don't have to do anything unusual. Just pop the 2 pins out of the upper, take it off, mail it, and be done. Then we just pop the replacement upper in place.

The only thing would be the stock, you would have to find someone to remove the stock for you, you need a special wrench i think.
That would be totally fine by me, bud. The only thing I can't attest to (yet) is the finish on the upper itself. I've seen some of these rifles with uppers that look like they were spray painted. But the majority look just as good as any other. As long as the finish is good, I don't mind swapping. Your barrel and stock configuration is pretty much what I'm looking for.

It may be a little tricky to call each other, but I'm going to send you a PM with my cell phone number. When you get out of work tonite it's probably going to be around 1-2am N.Y. time, but let's see if we can't touch base at some point and figure this out. Maybe at some point tomorrow morning?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Yup. I do not work on Fridays. I have the whole day off. Will talk to you soon.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup. I do not work on Fridays. I have the whole day off. Will talk to you soon.
Hey bud--sent you a PM last night and just wanted to make sure you got it. Leaving work here shortly--give me a call tonite if you have the time.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
LOL. Sorry about not getting back to you today at all.

Today ended up being an extremely busy day and only now am I getting online.

I will check my pms in few.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts