Wtb any 1911 type

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by travis9mm, Aug 22, 2014.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Like it says. Any make, any caliber looked at a star and citadel. Also a rock island. Just hopin to find something used first

2. SWO1

SWO1 Member

Don't have any experience with the Star. However I do own 2 Rock Island 1911s in .38 super and .45 acp. I have shot the Citadel which like the Rocks are made by Armscor. With the exception of a few outwardly cosmetic difference they are the SAME PISTOL. Both Colt model 70 innards and with great triggers out of the box. Rock Island in Parump NV will service the Citadel with their LIFETIME warrenty as well. Also the Citadel have a different importer than Rocs but again the same pistol, just a few bucks more for a few cosmetic thingies.

3. travis, Buds Gun Shop has great deals on .22lr 1911's right now. Most are under $200 shipped. That would be a good place to go and check out the models.

4. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Ive thought of them but this will be replacing my c9 as my ccw.

5. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Thanks! I can get new rocks and citadels for $4-500 so im hopin a used one for around $200 if it looks a little worn. A 1911 is the one gun ill take in almost any condition for two reasons. 1 my #1 dream gun and 2 being so close to the browning, colt design parts are interchangeable sometimes and readily available

6. SWO1

SWO1 Member

Good luck on a used one at $200. Not around here or on any Armscor listings. From What I have seen $350+ seems to be the going price. But with the lifetime warrenty (shipping both ways included) on the gun and not just first owner if you can find one cheap with some issues just contact Rock Island in NV and they will make it right. A lot of people buy the Govt. Model and don't like it so if you can find them price could be good.