Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on building up a nice supply of lead for casting. So if you have any to part with please let me know. I dont care what form it is in, bullets, shot, ingots, scrap. Also if anyone knows a good site to purchase cheap lead please post it here as well thanks again -Bob

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
genrally I pay around a dollar a pound depending on how clean it is plus shipping is extra.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled as there will be some very clean lead alloy posted up for HPFF benefit auction sometime within the next few months.

·
Banned
3,707 Posts
"We deal in lead friend. "-SteveMcQueen The Magnificent Seven

No I don't know where to get any I just LOVE that line. :D

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a "roll" somewhere in the garage. came out of an old x-ray apron from work they were throwing away.
would be happy to work something out with you.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Missouri Bullet $1.67 /lb

http://www.missouribullet.com/results.php?category=12

I also recently saw a post about a lady getting lead from a range and selling it in ingots for around a $1 /lb
sent a e-mail to the lady still waiting on a reply. Thanks for tyhe link to missouribullets. I dont mind there stuff in a pinch but i dont really like it as i prefer as close to 100% pure as possiable. Thanks though i do appreciate all the help guys!!

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sounds great let me know were to send it and how much!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
LOL. Nope, lead stops radiation but doesn't absorbe it. Once the radiation source is turned off the radiation is gone.

Like a light bulb and a curtain. Curtin will block the light but once the bulb is turned off there is no more radiation to block.

My source of lead is old radioactive shipping containers that weigh 33# each and are a perfect alloy for lead boolit casting.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
grr to bad ...lol.....anyways thanks for all the good ideas! Just outta pure wonder were do you get the shipping crates??!!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
They are more like chunks than crates. I'll post a pic when I get home. I get them from the hospital radiopharmacy.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
These are what the chunks look like:

They weigh 33# each.

The thumb sized,center radioactive core, has been removed and then I must still keep them in storage for a month, then double check before being released. All part of my everyday job. Believe it or not the lead is what poses the hazzard.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts