WTB: Lorcin 9mm

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by HiPointArmorer, Dec 3, 2014.

1. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    If anybody has a older Lorcin in 9mm, Ive got a money order with your name on it.

[​IMG]

2. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

3. I've got one I'd consider giving up. But first I insist that you have your sanity checked. They are big, shoot lousy, and have earned a really bad reputation.
    Pic 1: L9 vs Hi-Point C9
    Pic 2: L9 vs Jennings J-Nine
    Pic 3: L9 vs Stallard

Attached Files:

4. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Just curious - why on earth would you want one?

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Good God, why?

6. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    When you say shoot lousy, what does that mean exactly?

7. Lorcin's barrels are notorious for poor rifling and accuracy suffers as a result. The only reason I have one is that in a moment of insanity (see my first reply to you, LOL) I decided to acquire one of each of the Lorcin models. When I first got it, I cleaned it up and checked for cracks (yet another Lorcin "feature") and then took it to the range. Ugh. Came home, took a bunch of pics, and put it away.

One interesting tid-bit: The L9 comes apart somewhat like a Hi-Point with a removable dolls head that sits in the firing pin channel and the frame. Instead of the Hi-Point roll pin, you have to push in a flat take down "button" at the rear of the gun.

Attached Files:

8. undeRGRound

INDY
    LOL, that is really ruff!

$30 atm...

9. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Rough indeed. Up to $42.

10. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I was called to a gun show today by a friend. He was sure he found a HP CF-380 Nickel with fixed sights. I get there it had adjustable rear sights, so I looked a round. I saw a ton of Lorcin - Jimenez - Davis & a variety of other low end guns. One common thing about most all the 9mm were they were all heavy like a C9. The JA9 was the better looking, but it was heavy.

11. Melvin,
    Jimenez and Cobra Arms called me today. They want to know when you plan to begin collecting THEIR firearms. :) (Jimenez would be pretty easy, but Cobra? Gosh think of all those tutti-frutti colored Cobras you'd have) :)

12. MachoMelvin

I may try SCCY next, pretty simple!

13. I have a possibly never fired Lorcin L9mmC in box with warranty and parts/manual. Only reason I have it is so my Wilson Combat and Guncrafter Industries 1911's have something to laugh at in the cabinet. I have never shot the thing and probably won't. The rear of slide has what looks like small pits but company must have not smoothed it out and just put the chrome plating right over it.

EM if interested.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

As A SCCY owner I would look at a P11 Keltec first.

15. undeRGRound

INDY
    He should get the SCCY
    Whatever nameplate he gets next is the next "collection" and SCCY is a good short list. If you 'sic' him on KelTec, his wife will hunt you down and kill you. Too many models and variants, many more than Hi Point! :eek:

16. MachoMelvin

I have my 3rd SCCY now & really like it.
    I have owned 3-P-11's & 3-PF9's.
    I like the SCCY the best of the 3?

Attached Files:

17. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

My SCCY has been back to Daytona twice. Trigger completely quit working. Then the next time a pin came out of the extractor and a small piece of sheet metal dropped onto the web of hand one range session before that. (I still don't know where that came from.) If you short stroke the trigger in a panic rapid fire scenario? You could end up screwed. It is my back up travel piece for now. It will go in the safe and will be replaced with a S&W Shield 9 or 40, or a Glock 42 or other pistol that can deliver a bunch of whacks reliably and fast. The SCCY is very accurate once you get used to the trigger and snappy recoil. It has always fed evertyhing I have put in it. It's not a range toy as the grip eats a blister on my thumb knuckle. I do like the 10rd mag, weight, and size.

18. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I had a Lorcin .380 several years ago. No slide lock back, trigger was terrible, as was the finish, accuracy was non existent. What piece of crap

19. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    I came to the realization that I will never buy a gun with a grip safety.