WTB Ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by jtm087, Mar 30, 2008.

1. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

Anyone know where to get a ruger 10/22 for less than $200?? I am planing to get one and put a krinker plinker kit on so the stock/model really doesnt matter. My local gun store has them for $200 but, I'd like to get one for less than that seeing as how the krinker kit is $350 : 0....

2. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

$200 New isn't so bad. Around me they go on sale sometimes new for @ $170, but thats on sale. Used you should be able to find one for around $100 in good shape, under $150 used in mint cond.

3. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

Yea, i'm starting to notice that, the lowest I see them going for is like $250 : O, staring to think is the krinker plinker a good idea?? IDK for $600

4. Sniper 995

Sniper 995 Guest

5. panoz77

panoz77 Member

JTM, save yourself some cash and get a ruger charger, why spend that on the krinker, they are really not that cool, the charger on the other hand is a sweet deal and will probably suit that pistol 10/22 itch. About $300.00 most places.

[​IMG]

6. That thing is freaking sweet Panoz. Course if it wasn't for all the BS laws, I'd want to stick a folding stock on it......

As for the 10/22, I should be getting my first on on Thursday, buying it off a Carolinashootersforum member :) I lucked out finding one in stainless (always wanted a stainless rifle) with aperture sights already fitted (I suck with blade sights).

[​IMG]

Also getting this stock to put it in (same guy), so now all I need are some hi-cap mags and a loader!

[​IMG]

Good luck finding what you want JTM. It took me a while but I did! Now if I can just find a Marlin 981T.......

7. panoz77

panoz77 Member

I hear you on the stock, stupid laws :roll: .

8. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

I think it's just the combo of an AK with the cost of .22 thats got me hooked to this plinker!! I'm really fond of AK's I have a saiga .410, but have yet to get an authentic one because I am not yet 21, which would also prevent me from purchasing the charger : (

9. panoz77

panoz77 Member

Then look into the WASR 22 (around 200), Dunhams have them in stock if you have one local, they have some quirks, but alot more cost effective than the plinker.

10. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

hey panoz I did a google search for wasr22, is that yours on sksboard.com?? very nice, but the closest dunhams to me is 90 miles : 0 I checked their website with no luck, so i'm assuming no shipping, I found post on another forum saying that Classic Arms inc in NC has them, but I checked their site and didnt see any : ( saw one on Gunbroker going for $300....any other places I can get one??

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

No, I don't own one, I hear they are quirky, and need some slight work to feed reliable and eject spent casings reliably, but they are what they are. Not sure who else carries them, classicarms would be a good choice if they have them in stock but if they are not on the website then they don't have them.

13. When I was looking for a 10-22 I had a hard time finding a used one that was priced enough under new price. Most I found at gun shows were at a minimum of $200.00 and for a little over 300.00 I got a brand new one with the .925 twisted bull barrel. The 10-22's seem to hold their value at least in my area anyway.

That Charger looks like it's going to be a fun piece to plink with. Have you had it on the range yet?

14. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

Well guys, my debate is over, I went to the Nations Gun Show in Chantilly, VA this weekend and got a hold of a GSG-5 for $479.00!!!! the dealer only had one and said he had calls from about 20 people before the show asking if he could hold it, but I luckily stumbled upon it!! Havnt got a chance to test thte thing out, but from reviews I have read it sounds like it going to be fun!!! cant wait!

15. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Now wait a dang minute, you wanted to find yourself a 10/22 under $200, then you run off and buy a GSG-5 for $479? I'm sorry, but why the penny pinching in the start, but the bank busting at the end?

16. jtm087

jtm087 Guest

I only wanted the 10\22 to throw it in a krinker plinker kit which rúns at least $300 by itself. So that would have run me at least $500