Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a used 995 to replace the one I gave away. Zip code 44615.

-'bridge

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a wedding gift to one of my best buddies. Better than a vacuum cleaner, eh?

·
1,792 Posts
freind,
:shock:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rearranged:

Nope, no preference in color. Got something? PM me with details. Need a project gun to get me through the winter. :D

Thanks,

-'bridge

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Hey Bridge, have you considered an AK build from a parts kit? The 995 is a great gun, and a fun project, but it's all really easy, and can go too fast.
Kit build will take up some time, especially if you make most of the tools at home.
I'm getting my first kit ready for assembly, and it's slow going because I'm using mostly hand tools, and have no press, but I'm enjoying it, and I'm learning.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huggy: I've considered an AK kit. I'm not exactly Mr. Fix-it so I'm worried about having a pile of parts, getting frustrated, then paying a gunsmith to finish it. I think I'll do another 995 or two before I tackle a major build. I haven't worked much with gas-operated weapons. The other thing I'm worried about is my lack of knowledge in the laws concerning import weapons and compliant parts.

Maybe someday. There was a picture post on the old site that had an AK in exactly the configuration I'd want.

-'bridge

G

·
The laws are pretty simple, but it does take some time to build 'em. No need to mess with the gas tube or anything. Basically what you're doing is removing the old receiver parts from the gun, and bending a new receiver to put the old parts on. The only thing is, if you don't have a hydraulic press, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting anything done.

G

·
The laws are pretty simple, but it does take some time to build 'em. No need to mess with the gas tube or anything. Basically what you're doing is removing the old receiver parts from the gun, and bending a new receiver to put the old parts on. The only thing is, if you don't have a hydraulic press, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting anything done.
Ura...do you happen to have linkage to that guy on Youtube who was bending/making flats for AKs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts