WTB used 995

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by stonebridge, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Looking for a used 995 to replace the one I gave away. Zip code 44615.

-'bridge

2. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    you gave away a 995, are you nuts lol. I dunno if I could bring myself to part with mine.

3. It was a wedding gift to one of my best buddies. Better than a vacuum cleaner, eh?

4. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    heck yea, much better than lol.

5. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Depends which end you're on! :lol: :shock:

6. rearranged

rearranged Guest

preference in color?

7. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

8. Rearranged:

Nope, no preference in color. Got something? PM me with details. Need a project gun to get me through the winter. :D

Thanks,

-'bridge

9. Huggy

Huggy Member

SEPA
    Hey Bridge, have you considered an AK build from a parts kit? The 995 is a great gun, and a fun project, but it's all really easy, and can go too fast.
    Kit build will take up some time, especially if you make most of the tools at home.
    I'm getting my first kit ready for assembly, and it's slow going because I'm using mostly hand tools, and have no press, but I'm enjoying it, and I'm learning.

10. Huggy: I've considered an AK kit. I'm not exactly Mr. Fix-it so I'm worried about having a pile of parts, getting frustrated, then paying a gunsmith to finish it. I think I'll do another 995 or two before I tackle a major build. I haven't worked much with gas-operated weapons. The other thing I'm worried about is my lack of knowledge in the laws concerning import weapons and compliant parts.

Maybe someday. There was a picture post on the old site that had an AK in exactly the configuration I'd want.

-'bridge

11. Uraijit

Uraijit Guest

The laws are pretty simple, but it does take some time to build 'em. No need to mess with the gas tube or anything. Basically what you're doing is removing the old receiver parts from the gun, and bending a new receiver to put the old parts on. The only thing is, if you don't have a hydraulic press, you're gonna have a hell of a time getting anything done.

12. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Ura...do you happen to have linkage to that guy on Youtube who was bending/making flats for AKs?