Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
I have a field gauge, how could we do this and be fair to all parties involved? Rent that is, I have 5 weapons in that caliber and dont really want to sell it.

Some sort of round robin maybe?

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Depends on how strict you want to be with your rifles.

For instance the MN's were routinely checked and passed with the field gauges because they were being checked in the field by the armorers. They considered it to be safe to shoot if it passed that gauge.

A lot of them that are safe to shoot will fail the no go gauge.

Well guys, looks like you have the choice of field or no go. You aint gonna get any better than that.

A bullet will do the same thing as a go gauge, if the rifle will close on the shell it just passed the go gauge

It is important to check your rifles though, my Romak 3 blew a couple of primers, and when I checked it with the field gauge, it swallowed it and I had to send it back in for repairs, and this was a "new" rifle assembled out of used parts.

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
Something like that sounds reasonable, at 2 bucks a pop, it would take a few members to pay for the gauge, I cant find the paper but I think I payed about 25 or so for it.

how many members would be interested in this?

Or if not enough people are interested, we can do a round robin to the ones that need it and then it comes back to me at the end.

Either way is fine with me.

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
silverado and myself have reached a deal, 2 bucks a pop, to be sent to me when you get the gauge, please use it, and then send it to the next person that needs it.

I am asking that you use del conf. so if it goes missing whoever is responsible will pony up the cost to replace it.

Please treat it as you would want me to treat your tool.

As far as whos next, get with silverado and hash that out.

· Premium Member
5,172 Posts
My gauge is going to be going out in a couple of days, whoever wants to use it just follow the directions sent with the gauge and then pass it on or if no one else wants it or the group has not bought it send it back to me.

I trust everyone here, and if someone wants it bad enough to steal it, I guess they are worse off than I am

hitman I am sorry you have had a bad experience here, the vast majority of the regulars are not that way. I cannot of course speak for the members that are not regular posters and I do not know

nuff said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.