WTS: Taurus PT22 Blue w/ rosewood grips $120 SPF

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ozzman1978, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ozzman1978

ozzman1978 Member

WTS: Taurus PT22 Blue w/ rosewood grips; comes with factory box, spare mag and manual. $120, selling it to buy something else; I live west of Topeka Ks, and would prefer to sell face to face.

[​IMG]

Sorry the picture is so big, I might also consider a trader for a hipoint 9mm or .45

2. perry23117

perry23117 Guest

i wish their was a way i could buy that i live in va and wat a 22 for my wife

3. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Man, if you lived closer to SC, I'd pick that baby up... the gunshop down the street has these marked $239 NIB, but they aren't selling them either. :lol: That's a fair price, and i hope someone get with you.

4. 3daughters

3daughters Guest

If you were in NH, you would have yourself a trade. :(

5. ozzman1978

ozzman1978 Member

WRT Out of State

WRT the out of state inquiries, I am checking to see how to work out of state deals, I want to make certain to keep it legal obviously. Details pending.

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

gotta ship it overnight to a FFL in the buyer's state. The buyer must have made plans for this to happen with the FFL, and the buyer would have to pay the FFL anywhere from $15-$40 for a transfer... then he can take custody of the firearm... it's best to FTF when dealing with firearms, just my $0.02

7. ozzman1978

ozzman1978 Member

Thanx Strange, can I as an individual ship to an FFL?

8. Thayldt21

Thayldt21 Senior Member Member

PM sent as I am interested an In state.

9. pills

pills Guest

an individual can not ship a handgun to the ffl.

10. ozzman1978

ozzman1978 Member

Gotcha, thanx pills, preciate the info

11. Check again. It is legal to ship a handgun to an FFL in another state. You may not use USPS, but can ship otherwise without going through an FFL on both ends.

:wink:

[​IMG]

12. perry23117

perry23117 Guest

sry guys new to all this what is an ffl

13. ffl is a licensed gun dealer.

14. pills

pills Guest

NDS I may be wrong. I KNOW you can't do it with USPS or UPS. FedUP may allow it. I would love to see something that tells me I am wrong if you could show it.

15. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

Here is exactly what the ATF 'Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide' (ATF P 5300.4) says:
    (B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.asp?FAQID=1118&NoCount=1

Your state law, may require you to ship from an FFL.

Shipment by Unlicensed Persons
    Any shipper who does not have a Federal Firearms License (FFL) is considered to be an 'unlicensed person'. This section contains information on how unlicensed persons can ship firearms. If you have an FFL, please skip to the next section for shipping suggestions.

The most important thing to know is that you must only ship guns to a licensee. If the buyer is not a licensed dealer, he will have to make arrangements with a dealer in his state to ship the item to.

Before you ship a gun, the buyer must fax or mail you a copy of the licensee's signed FFL license. You can only ship the gun to the address on the license. You must inform the carrier that the package contains a firearm. Of course, the firearm cannot be shipped loaded; ammunition may not be shipped in the same box. You should take the copy of the signed FFL with you when you take the item to be shipped in case the shipper wishes to see it.

Notes on specific shippers:

US Mail: An unlicensed person can ship a rifle or shotgun by US Mail. Unlicensed persons cannot ship a handgun by US Mail. Postal regulations allow the Post Office to open your package for inspection. Ammunition cannot be shipped by US Mail. You can search the US Post Offer Postal Explorer site for specific USPS regulations regarding firearms and ammunition.

FedEx: FedEx will only ship firearms via their Priority Overnight service. Ammunition must be shipped as dangerous goods.

UPS: UPS will accept handgun shipments by Next Day Air only. Rifles and shotguns can be shipped by UPS ground service. UPS will accept shipments of ammunition. UPS does not allow shipment of firearms FROM an unlicensed person (even to an FFL), unless the stated reason for the firearm shipment is for repair or modifications.

Most other shippers will no longer accept firearm shipments. Airborne and Roadway have specifically prohibited firearm shipments.

16. that sux since overnighting would probably be more expensive than the actual gun itself.

17. How does it feed? I had the same pistol years ago and it did nothing but jam. Got rid of it pretty quick, but being the Taurus fan that I am, I would like to think that it was just the pistol I had.

18. pills

pills Guest

Anyone have anything to give to the fedup people when they say it can't be done because of their policies?

As I said earlier, USPS, UPS will not do it. I didn't mention DHL/Airborne but they will not either. I have been told by Fedup that they will not do it. It doesn't matter if the law says they should if they refuse you are still holding the gun. I tried referring them to the gunbroker faq and they say gunbroker who? ;)

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

19. jason865

jason865 Guest

That depends on what state you are in, federal regulations do not prevent the shipment of a handgun.

The only federal limitation on shipping a handgun only prevent you from using the postal service to do so