WTT: Custom Painted Fender Telecaster for ?

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Superman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Superman

Superman Member

Hi all, I have a Fender Telecaster that was custom painted for Country Artist Tracy Byrd. He gave it to me when I opened for him in 2004. I was going to use it on stage but never did. I am looking for someone living near Milwaukee, WI to trade for any Hi Points preferably but am open to what you have. ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1411060815.985998.jpg ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1411060837.357213.jpg ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1411060864.912076.jpg

2. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

If I may, with all due respect.........trading it for any one single hi point gun may be a touch, well, aboslutely crazy.

Worst case price on a carbine is what $400 ?

If you have any kind of paperwork trail linking it, theres enough country nuts, you might be able to auction it, or just outright sell it for a decent price.

3. Superman

Superman Member

The guitar alone is worth $300 dollars without the custom paint job. For a country fan that knows who Tracy Byrd is would be at least $400 - $500 value.

I do not have any paperwork because this was given to me while I was backstage after my band just got done opening for him. He loved my performance and we were talking about the guitar he had on the rack and I told him I loved it because the design matched my shirt. So, he gave it to me. Case and all.

4. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

wow, amazing story, honestly, I would have thought its wort more...........in about a month, if things go right, if you still have it, I may be interested in making an offer to ya.

Oh, just an idea, since you know where and which tour it was on, you may find it on youtube, a video of him playing may up the value some

5. Superman

Superman Member

Keep me posted. I already thought about the YouTube possibility but after searching for it I found nothing. From what he told me he had received it only a week or two before he gave it to me. Let's keep in touch.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  6. Superman

Superman Member

Guitar is no longer available. Found someone to trade.