WV concealed carry bill introduced.

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Liberty, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty Shhh! Lifetime Supporter

Senate Bill 347, introduced by state Senator Dave Sypolt (R-14), would recognize your right to legally carry a concealed firearm without the burdensome requirement of having to obtain a costly and time restrictive Concealed Handgun License (CHL).

SB 347 is a necessary update to concealed carry statutes in West Virginia, allowing law-abiding gun owners the ability to protect themselves and their loved ones. In West Virginia, it is already legal to carry a firearm openly, as long as the individual is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm. However, under current law, if a firearm becomes covered by a coat or if a woman prefers to carry a firearm for self-protection in her purse, one would need to possess a concealed pistol permit.

This permitless carry legislation gives you the freedom to choose the best method of carrying for each individual, based on your attire, gender and/or physical attributes. Also critically important, this legislation would keep in place the current permitting system so that people who obtain a permit could still enjoy the reciprocity agreements that West Virginia has with other states across the country.

2. Liberty

I am massively hoping this bill passes. Next up will hopefully be a bill to make sure that any gun owner can legally carry on the premises of their work, or at a minimum store in a vehicle at work, and work cannot override this provision. The current house and senate in West Virginia are both Republican majorities, for the first time in 80 years.

If they are going to pass a law that you can store in your vehicle on Capitol grounds, then next should be work! FINALLY we're getting common sense in West Virginia.

3. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    How would they know if you did or not?

More states should be like Vermont. OC, CC, duct taped to my forehead or the barrel poking out of my butt. Nobody cares either way.

4. Wow. Deep concealment. Way to commit.

5. It would be great if this bill passes and not just for those who live in WV.

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

It's for laying down covering fire as you run away...... And if you've had Mexican food that night, you've got tear gas rounds.

7. Liberty

Unfortunately the place I work makes us sign that they can search our backpacks, desk areas, cars, etc. if they have reason to believe we're doing something improper. We've lost people who have been drinking, no big loss.

BUT - if it's legal, then we win, makes the other rules something to back off too.