Xd 9mm for Hi Point 45acp ?

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by ConstantineC9, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Thinking about trading my Xd 9mm for a Hi Point 45acp and extra mags.

2. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Cant afford both?

3. No, money is tight, and I kinda wanted a 45acp again(Llama and Kimber). But if it is a HUGE mistake tell me now because I am considering a Hi Point 45acp. I currently own a Glock 22, Xd 9mm, C9 9mm and a CBC 12 gauge single shot.

4. elguapo

elguapo Guest

If it were me? I would stay with the XD. You already have it, and hopefully, shot it, got profiecient with it. Just switching brands/calibers for the hopeful thought of being a better deal, or whatever, sounds a bit extreme. You already have other firearms that are chambered for that...
    As owner of both a 1911 AND a JHP: They are thirsty/expensive to feed, so much, my next major purchase, is a reloading set up.
    If cash is tight, I would stick with it.

5. Well, I am accurate enough with the Xd 9mm in case I have to be. It's just I miss the recoil of the 45 acp, no offence to 9mm owners but it makes me feel like im shooting a ''Pop Gun''.

6. elguapo

elguapo Guest

Well, honestly, I would back you up on keeping your current inventory. You have it, and if you are lacking funds for a dif caliber, that reduces your overal effectiveness by introducing that into your inventory.
    Again, only my opinion on this.

7. TnShooter83

TnShooter83 Guest

I say KEEP the XD 9......
    And stay away from the LLama 45's
    Buy the HiPoint over the LLama.......
    That's my opinion. I'll give it even though it doesn't matter much.
    Never owned a HiPoint .45 I'd see if it had a feed ramp, It seems alot of 45 with out a feed ramp don't like anything but Ball Ammo.

I had Throat, Polish, and buy after market mags for my Charles Daly, and Springfield G.I. Spec. to feed Hollow Point.

As you can tell I've had to learn all this the hard way......
    Just trying to help you save time, money and FRUSTRATION.

8. I would never sell a gun unless I was fixing to loose the house or something.

Save your money up and buy the .45, a few months wont kill you and then you will have more weapons :)

9. I say keep the XD!!!!!!! There would have to be ALOT of extras with that Hi Point to make that a fair deal for you.

If you are worried about "knock down" power find some good Duty ammo and make sure it feeds in your XD. (sure almost anything will) Just like my M&P MIKEY LIKES IT lol. (old ceral commercial) The XD is a better pistol to hold on to.

ConstantineC9 wrote: "Well, I am accurate enough with the Xd 9mm in case I have to be. It's just I miss the recoil of the 45 acp, no offence to 9mm owners but it makes me feel like im shooting a ''Pop Gun''.

[​IMG]

All my pistols are 9mm. The snub is a .357 lol Im a sissy what can i say lol

10. Nothing wrong with the Hi-Point but keep the XD.

11. i'm a sissy too then............ keep the XD.

12. Krippp

Krippp Well-Known Member

the thought of trading an xd for a jhp.45 makes me ill. wouldn't even trade it for 4 .45s and extra mags

13. Well, in that case let me know when you get 4 .45's. I'll even pay the shipping.

To the OP: Keep the XD. It's a good gun, and you'll probably want it back at some point. HP's are pretty cheap; just save up a little extra from your next paycheck or two and then you can have both.

14. Alright, ill keep the Xd. It will be a while before I can scrape enough together for the 45acp :lol: :( :shock: :x