Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I priced a new XDM..complete..brand new in my local gun shop.. $588. out the door. Is that a decent deal or no?
While there I had him stick back a used 995 that he just got in and a tricked out Mosin. (the scope, ammo holding sling and butt deal, nice bi-pod, and a compensator..$145. out the door) But I'm really into that XDM 9mm. He said they a really good shooters. Should I spend the cash?

·
1,792 Posts
I would, At that price your not getting a steal BUT your not getting hosed either.

·
Registered
850 Posts
They're in the new Vance's add for 529. I know you said you have been to buckeye outdoors if you could stand being in there again.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
If that includes tax (which I assume it does, since you said OTD), then it's a pretty good deal. Mine was $579 pretax $620.55 after, and I haven't regretted it. It's a good gun.

Check out xdtalk.com if you haven't, plenty to learn from them.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here it is on top of my safe..posing for the camera..

(I can see my budget for 9mm ammo going through the roof now more than ever)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Your gonna love that XDM 9. It was the best shooting, most accurate, comfortable and reliable, Polymer framed pistol I have ever owned.

Still regret having to sell it. Would not hesitate to buy another one in a heart beat if I was buying another 9mm. Only put about 1200 rounds though it and not even one FTF, FTE, etc right out of the box. No matter what it was fed. Simply flawless pistol.

The XDM40 was a whole different story though.

Walt

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have yet to shoot the pistol..hopefully tommorrow. (Saturday) I almost bought the .40 but I have alot of 9mm ammo on hand so now I feel even better picking up the 9mm instead of the .40
(I got the H-P .40 the other day..AND the camera..heh..and yeah Keby..I like both. I actually carry the H-P .40 openly more than any other. Have yet to toss lead with that as well) Looks like I'll be taking several out to the range.
The XDM 9 throws me off knowing I have 39 rounds handy, if I'm locked and loaded w/the other clip, with 1 in the pipe. Alot of happiness to me..or sadness for a BG...errr targets I meant. I'll have to get used to counting off shots all over again. It's all good though. (just happy I had the cash to buy it more than anything)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.