Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the response to your original post it seems that many of us would be interested in some of your amazing mods. I'm initially interested in the button head bolts. Did you have to machine them or are they a stock item that might be available. Others have expressed an interest in your bolt handle and the receiver cover. Please respond positively to this query.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Sorry I missed your posting. I wasn't ignoring you,I just over looked it. I'm in the process of trying to get setup to start reloading and have a lot of things gong on all at the same time. I usually just glance over the thread topics quickly. I'll try to answer your questions. Here goes:

1)The button head bolts are a stock item themselves, but the part between them has to be made. It is not what is considered a standard stock size, even though it is possible to get material that size. It is a special order or you have to take the larger diameter material and turn it down along with other machining. This is necessary to keep from having to drill out the hole diameter of the holes in the bolt/barrel assembly. I generally try to make all my mods ones that can easily be changed back to factory if it is necessary to send back for repairs and not be considered a modification that could be looked at as voiding the warranty of the weapon.

2) The charging handle can actually be made several ways. I made a design similar to Bushman's and also the design in the picture. I have thought about other possible variations on the shape, but have only made the two styles so far. The bolt used for the charging handle is also a modified bolt that has been machined and modified so that the charging handle doesn't float back and forth while cycling from firing the weapon. When I moved the charging handle to the right side, it changed the design of the bolt again. The design is one that was simple for me to do, but is not as what I really wanted for a finished product. It weakens the bolt a certain amount and I'm not sure yet of it's lifespan. But for me it's not that hard to make another one to replace it. I have thought of other options, but for me as a personal mod., it was a bit pricey to do.

3) The receiver cover I did on a manual machine after hours at work. I had probably 6-8 hours in it. I had to design, machine and fit as I went. Then after I did all I could do on the machine. It also involved doing some hand sanding to taper areas down to match the ATI stock. This would not be feasible for me to try and do on a larger scale personally. This also applies to the rail I made.

All the items mentioned above and other mods that I want to make to my 995, have been done after hours where I work. I could only do them when the equipment was not setup to run production on other parts. My boss has seen some of the items I have made and I have expressed to him that there is an interest by several people to purchase them. Some of the items require more than one piece such as the charging handle. So I guess it all comes down to whether or not I can show him there is enough interest in the number of people wanting these items and what everyone thinks is a fair price for the item as to whether it is profitable for him to setup and run a larger quantity of these items. Some items such as the charging handle would work on the stock 995, one with an ATI stock and original receiver cover, or even the new 995TS. Other items would have to be limited to certain models. Beings I don't have a 995TS, the parts for them might be limited as I would not be able to be sure the fit correctly.

So to answer your question, yes I have thought about making these items and others available. It's I don't have the equipment necessary to do it on a larger scale. If it is okay with the owner/admin. of the site. If someone wants to start a thread,possibly a sticky so it can more easily be found, listing the item(s) and a price they would be willing to pay for the item. I will show it to my boss say after a week and see if he is interested. That should give him an idea of possibly how many and a price range for each item. I'm sorry, but that is the best I can offer.

I would also like to add, that anything made of aluminum, could be offered in possibly 3 conditions if he decides to make them. 1) The natural machined aluminum finish 2) a Black Anodized finish 3) A Polished Aluminum finish. The price would probably reflect the added process or labor, but I just wanted to let you know the possible options.

He currently make and sell custom motorcycle parts with the Black Anodized finish and the Polished finish.

I would like to state that before this is done. I would want to be contacted by the owner/admin of the site giving his/their approval. I can also not guarantee that my boss will agree to make any or all of the items mentioned.

Thank's for your interest and I will see what I can do on my end.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i'm all on a receiver and bolt if you decide. i think i would say the $75 range, if that is an insult i'm sorry, if it is too much, i'm not!! :angel:

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the thoughtful reply

I believe there is a market for such mods to the 995 and 4095. Of course, the price point for you to make a profit would have to be met. Your work is inspirational for us HP folks. Keep us in the loop with your work.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
i'd be willing to pay around 100-120 for the receiver and bolt. is it possible to keep the charging handle on its original side?
Yes it would be possible. There could be several different options to the configuration of the receiver cover. I'm in the process of discussing with the people involved here as to possible options of getting things worked out to get parts made. It may take a few days to actually get an answer on whether or not it is possible. Actually cost of material and machining will have to be estimated. But I will try and keep all informed.

I will be off work tomorrow, so it will be next week before I can bring my cover back in for them to get dimensions off of to estimate cost, along with the other pieces I have made so far.

·
Registered
392 Posts
hey that is better news then expected! the market is pretty wide open for making parts, now that bushman is out of the game the only other person with parts is on ebay.
still they lack a rail system. with all the people that own the 995 i think there is a lot of money to be made. well good luck and i hope to soon be enjoying your companies product! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts