Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

So what one do you like and why?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Didn't vote because there was not a "Neither". 8)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I own one Glock and it's as reliable as a stone. Model 32 in .357 Sig. with a .40 S&W barrel so I have two guns in one. Accurate and just plain works. Not pretty but anyone here who owns and loves HP's doesn't care about pretty!

·
Registered
773 Posts
I vote for the S&W Sigma. :) :) :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
For the money, I would rather have an XD. I just feel like glock has become way too overpriced over the years, sure they are a great gun, but my goodness. Plus, I like the features such as the safeties better on the XD.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have been a Glock man for years. My pride and joy at one time was a matched set of Glocks, 19 & 23. I have to admit though that the XD's are growing on me. That and the search for a decent general purpose wheel gun,... <sigh> so many guns, so little money,... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The new XD is very nice too. They are not just stopping with the standard weapon. They are making up dates.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
It was the 1st high capacity .45ACP, 13+1. Now there are many. Mine has been highly modified. Compensated before Glock made one.

·
Registered
663 Posts
XD for me. Though if I had the money for a Glock 9C I would buy it.
Fired one at the range months ago and thought it was a sweet shooter.

As for why? I like the added safeties on the gun. To me the trigger safety on the Glock is not enough for a carry gun. Though it would be much better if they added a manual safety of some kind.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I once owned a glock 19 & sold it. It was reliable, but i found it unpleasant to shoot.

I've shot XDs & for the money I would much rather have an XD over a glock. Both for comfort, extra safety & the bonuses they throw in. Oh and the new ones are pretty dang sweet looking.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
own an XD .45 tactical and have owned a G21 Glock, have shot most all of both offerings in every size, still wanting to play with the Glock 18 one day though. the XD family to me is better overall, i love the glock full size guns but can't stand their mid and compact offerings, just don't fit me well and uncomfortable to shoot imho. all of the SD's regardless of size i've found are great to shoot so that's why they get the edge.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
The answer should be whatever fits you better. In my case XDs werent out when i bought my first G17 and XD doesnt make a 10mm. Id also like to see XDs take the torture tests that glocks have been put through and survive. As for those of you who deride the glock for no external safetys....well maybe you arnet cut out to be a glock shooter in the first place.

SW

·
Registered
412 Posts
I vote for the S&W Sigma. :) :) :)
+1 on that but I could be bias as I own a Sigma now as for someone who has shot a glock and an XD(I like to test before I bash) I love the XD so much the grip and way it felt in my hand was wonderful and the glock felt like I was holding a brick and it hurt my hand after firing it

·
1,792 Posts
As for those of you who deride the glock for no external safetys....well maybe you arnet cut out to be a glock shooter in the first place.

SW
That reminds me of the video of the LEO just before he blew a hole in his foot. "I am the only one PERFESHUNAL (spelled inccorect for a reason) enough to handle DIS GLOCK FOUT'Y..

never heard of XD leg Or XD Stripe. Common Glock strip and or Glock leg....

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
1. the idiot in that video should have NEVER brought a loaded gun into a room full of kids. He should have never been given a gun in the first place.

2. ive never heard of "glock leg". They make legs now? hmmm. maybe i should call up that buddy of mine that mising most of his. he'd like a glock leg.

SW

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Um...This is a HiPoint Forum right?

Where's the HiPoint option?

I didn't vote, I have never shot either. I don't like Glocks on principle, but I won't bash them. The XD? Well, I can't say I've ever had the pleasure to fondle one.

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
S&W M&P.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts