Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So uh do grenades do that when you pull the pin before they go off?? Or did they make that thing or something?

Dunno never even held one just a question?

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
a grenade detonation goes like this

safety clip is "thumbed" (removed)
pin is pulled
spoon flies off or is help in place by your hand until you release it
fuse striker fires and begins to burn
4-5 sec later the grenade explodes

SW

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

pin is pulled

SW
Thanx for clearing that up I was kinda confused. Ive gotten to play with fake grenades like the ones at surplus stores that I guess have been defused. They no fun no boom. But I was actualy shocked at how heavy it was to hold like a solid steel ball or something.

·
Banned
1,738 Posts

pin is pulled

SW
Thanx for clearing that up I was kinda confused. Ive gotten to play with fake grenades like the ones at surplus stores that I guess have been defused. They no fun no boom. But I was actualy shocked at how heavy it was to hold like a solid steel ball or something.
You pretty much hit it on the head...lol...solid steel with gun powder makes shrapnel......I am going to have to call this staged or a future Darwin winner... :cantlook:

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
it also could have been a practice grenade (just a sheet metal shell with a real grenade fuse in it, makes a pop like a fairecracker when the fuse goes) that someone reactivated. it also could have been totally homemade for all we know.

SW

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
actually what this is is you can go to places like Laos and Cambodia and pay these guys to take you out into the country to throw grenades, shoot full auto Ak's and also even shoot RPG's. They are left over from a certain conflict that arose in that part of the world several years ago. If you do some searching, you will find more frat boys shooting RPG's and having a good ol time.

I'm thinking that in this video, no one warned him that the grenade was going to pop and it surprised him, so naturally he dropped it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts