Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
29,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So HP is displaying the YC-9 at SHOT 2022. They claim it's available from Guns.com (I'll have to check).

Optics ready, "higher" capacity (IMS, 12-round), "slimmer" than the C9.

Yes, apparently it has a grip safety.

Embedded yoo-toob video. Start at the 31 second mark.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: wganz

·
Administrator
29,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
36,700 Posts
Yep...me either. SMH at the same old, same old....

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Too late. Wasn’t it 2019 when they first released the pictures of it? I think it will flop. Unless they keep the street price at $200.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
"Next stop for the YC9's will be the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA"
Reading between the lines, nowhere do they say "Next stop for the YC9s will be at your local gun shop".
Just sayin'.

·
Resident PITA
16,198 Posts
Kinda like going to The 2022 Chicago Auto Show and realizing Toyota is displaying their new 2019 Prius Turbo Concept Car.

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Kinda like going to The 2022 Chicago Auto Show and realizing Toyota is displaying their new 2019 Prius Turbo Concept Car.
Exactly

Reactions: bumthum

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm not in marketing, but I feel like there is an issue here of jumping the gun (so to speak) on announcing product to build up the hype. It reminds me of how Hudson killed themselves off by announcing their aluminum framed H9 before it was ready for market and the hype surrounding that killed of sales of the steel frame version and left them with no capital to work with (and without the wiggle room to service the guns already in the hands of consumers). I'm not saying the YC-9 is going to kill off HiPoint, but I DO really think a product should be finalized and headed towards production before it's announced if you want to avoid the consumer losing patience and catching a case screwititis, or potentially draining away purchases of existing product lines.

That's where I'm at now and I'm 99% sure I'm not the only one in this position. I was all about buying one for the novelty and the meme for the first year after it was announced, but I'm over it. It was only ever going to be a range toy for me and I have other 9mm pistols I can plink with.

·
Premium Member
Everything
3,210 Posts
Yep, I'm over it. If I see another hipoint pistol so cheap it would be stupid not to buy it, I will, and I do still want one of the carbines, but only at the right price. I don't really give a hoot about the yc9 anymore.

Reactions: Rerun

·
Premium Member
5,805 Posts
4595 to go with my JHP, but I'm not paying the current "burner" prices here. Asfor the YC-9 - mehh, who cares.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yeah, I'm disappointed about them showing it off in '19 and it's still not in stores.

·
Administrator
29,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Note that the CT-1550 is less than an inch wide. That means that the top bevel of the YC9 slide is much less than an inch wide. You can't really tell for sure what the maximum width of the slide is, but I'd have to guess that it is probably much slimmer than the C9. I think they made up for the mass by exending the skirt of the slide down further along the frame. So when the Booth Lady in the earlier vid says that the YC9 is slimmer and the C9 is chunkier, I believe her.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Super Moderator
9,966 Posts
Note that the CT-1550 is less than an inch wide. That means that the top bevel of the YC9 slide is much less than an inch wide. You can't really tell for sure what the maximum width of the slide is, but I'd have to guess that it is probably much slimmer than the C9. I think they made up for the mass by exending the skirt of the slide down further along the frame. So when the Booth Lady in the earlier vid says that the YC9 is slimmer and the C9 is chunkier, I believe her.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
It just jlooks to me like the RDS was thrown on as an afterthought. Like it was just glued on.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts