Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

YC-9 Now available! (On a Tee-shirt)

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bumthum 
#1 ·
Product Sleeve Font T-shirt Active shirt

See less See more
#5 ·
Makes you wonder if they have chosen to ride out the Yeet Cannon meme as a form of marketing their other products. I mean, we're a long way into this and I don't think there has been any public presentation of a functional "in the flesh" prototype, just some 3D printed toys passed around to James Reeves in a hotel room and a few stuck to a display at trade shows.

I know this is somewhat apples to oranges, but Boeing began design work on what would become the B-29 in 1938 and turned an airframe over to the Air Corps for static testing around the 3rd Qtr of 1940. I think this whole YC-9 roller coaster began in 2019 and here we are with 2022 ended and still no sign of it. I get that there is a funding and motivation difference here, but there is also a vast complexity difference as well.

In the meantime, we've got the Yeet Cannon Gen 1, lots of marketing and hype, and now T-shirts to sell... pardon me seeming crass, but it just kind of seems like push-up bra... a bunch of appearance and hype that isn't supporting much in the way of actual physical assets.

#7 ·
I know this is somewhat apples to oranges, but Boeing began design work on what would become the B-29 in 1938 and turned an airframe over to the Air Corps for static testing around the 3rd Qtr of 1940.
In early 1940, North American offered to design a new fighter which became the P-51 Mustang. North American delivered a brand new, prototype aircraft in a mere 102 days and flew it weeks later.

In all fairness, early B-29 and P-51 aircraft suffered from engine reliability issues which took a few years to fully sort out.

Coming around full circle, one would expect Hi-Point to be done diddling around with the YC-9 by now.

#13 ·
The JXP seems to take a lot aesthetically from the YC-9, but of course it's single stack and kind of bypasses much of what a lot of people think is holding up the works with the Yeet Cannon. TFB implied that we should see the YC-9 here in 2023, but I guess we'll see if the market is still interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.