Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
If you only like to eat the hip flexors, but you don't like to eat the calf muscle, you're still a cannibal.
Meh. Both groups are tough and only really good for ground meat or stew. Although the calf could be eaten like a drumstick, so that's handy. I'm more of an intercostal muscle guy. Marinate the strips in my Korean BBQ sauce, skewer them, grill them up, dip one edge in finely ground candied ginger and sesame seeds, then serve them with soy sauce and fresh Wasabi?

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
Meh. Both groups are tough and only really good for ground meat or stew. Although the calf could be eaten like a drumstick, so that's handy. I'm more of an intercostal muscle guy. Marinate the strips in my Korean BBQ sauce, skewer them, grill them up, dip one edge in finely ground candied ginger and sesame seeds, then serve them with soy sauce and fresh Wasabi?
It sounds like you're a kalbi fan. I approve. I damn near killed myself at an all-you-can-eat kalbi place in Seoul a couple years ago. You don't know what it's like to be stuffed to the gills until your diaphragm doesn't have room for full lung expansion. That stuff was worth the pain, though.

As for the hip flexors and calf muscles, a slow-cooker would work really well. Do that stuff up with barbecue sauce, and make up some pulled longpork.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
It sounds like you're a kalbi fan. I approve. I damn near killed myself at an all-you-can-eat kalbi place in Seoul a couple years ago. You don't know what it's like to be stuffed to the gills until your diaphragm doesn't have room for full lung expansion. That stuff was worth the pain, though.

As for the hip flexors and calf muscles, a slow-cooker would work really well. Do that stuff up with barbecue sauce, and make up some pulled longpork.
All the kalbi-gui dishes... dak, jjim, tteok, and if you can find a decent tang? (Grilled short rib soup for anyone keeping notes.) I'm hoping I can find good Korean cuisine in drivable distance one I'm in Texas. My little sister was born in Pusan and my little brother in Seoul, btw.

While human anatomy groups the muscles differently, you could definitely do carnitas with the muscle groups of the legs.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
All the kalbi-gui dishes... dak, jjim, tteok, and if you can find a decent tang? (Grilled short rib soup for anyone keeping notes.) I'm hoping I can find good Korean cuisine in drivable distance one I'm in Texas. My little sister was born in Pusan and my little brother in Seoul, btw.

While human anatomy groups the muscles differently, you could definitely do carnitas with the muscle groups of the legs.
~ racially biased stereotype redacted ~ Rachgier

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Careful @OldOutlaw , according to the new TOS/TOU you just made a racist comment. One more and you'll earn yourself a Big Chicken Dinner. Good thing I don't adhere to the new zero strike policy, eh?

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts

I took a couple of trips to Pusan when I was stationed out there. Unfortunately, I was either in the field or OC'ing exercises the whole time, so I didn't get a chance to do much down there in town.

Killeen has some Korean restaurants with legit food. I did a couple of TDYs at Ft. Hood some years back and had a chance to check one of them out.

If you find a Korean grocery store, you can find some soondae and heat it up with tteok bu ki. When you slice up the soondae, you can dip it in the tteok bu ki sauce. It's goooood stuff. Granted, the frozen soondae isn't as good as the fresh stuff you find in the traditional markets in Korea, but it's better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Careful @OldOutlaw , according to the new TOS/TOU you just made a racist comment. One more and you'll earn yourself a Big Chicken Dinner. Good thing I don't adhere to the new zero strike policy, eh?
I guess, but sure don't understand this at all.

·
Simple by choice
2,200 Posts
You're either a cannibal, or you aren't. If you only like to eat the hip flexors, but you don't like to eat the calf muscle, you're still a cannibal. By the same logic, you're either an HP guy, or you aren't. If you only like the carbines, but you don't like the pistols, you're still an HP guy.
Calling a person a Cannibal is some kind of ist remark and not allowed under the new TOS.

·
Administrator
24,479 Posts
Calling a person a Cannibal is some kind of ist remark and not allowed under the new TOS.
No, insisting all Koreans eat dogs is a racist stereotype and that's what got removed for being against the TOS/TOU, but hey...ya know... we'll keep joking about that and give them a reason to shut us down...

Got any more jokes?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts