Yes I am

Discussion in 'General Hi-Point Discussion' started by Hot-Shot, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Hot-Shot

Hot-Shot Member

My name is Bob and I am a gunaholic, I had to go back to work
    after 4 years of retirement to support my habit. I joined gunaholic anonymous
    for help, they told me to buy more guns at the meeting. What to do?

2. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear you were able to admit your Illness.
    That is the beginning to your recovery!
    Now make a list of all your gun desires, & start crossing them off 1 by 1 as you complete your recovery.
    We both know there is NO cure for this dreaded disease, & HP ADICTION is by far the WORST!!!

3. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Gunaholism is an incurable illness that one can only manage through deliberate planning and discipline. As mentioned above, you do need to make a list. If you stick to it, you will avoid impulse buys.

Unmanaged gunaholism, without a list, can result in a safe full of toys that never see the light of day because you bought them without any deliberate thought. Every bad purchase is a lost opportunity to check something from the list that you really wanted.

Control your gunaholism so that it doesn't control you!

4. MachoMelvin

And, Divorced, Broke & Alone!

5. Think1st

Florida
    I forgot to mention those things. They definitely need to be on the list.

6. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    I am a recovering Gunaholic. Also retired but cannot go back to work due to health problems and age. So I have to bite the bullet. Terrible I tell ya, just terrible.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Admit it?:confused:

Heck, I CELEBRATE it!:D

8. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Yeah, lack of funding is a bit of a hinderance, found I have. :indeed:

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    But how can you deny the fantastic high that comes from a great score on an impulse buy? Whatta Rush!

10. Think1st

Florida
    There is no denying the high associated with a good impulse buy. It just needs to conform to what is already on the list. I've made a couple of them over the years, and in each case, they were items that I had already planned to get at some point.

The key is just to avoid impulse buys that result in crashes following the highs. Imagine the pain of bringing home a new toy that you had not previously considered only to find out, too late, that it was an absolute turd.

Control the addiction lest it control you.

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK2KS93_s4I[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4-h-Wx08kw[/ame]

12. xtrakrisb805

xtrakrisb805 Member

I absolutley friggin love the 2nd vid. It made me laugh soo hard, only because i can relate with everything he sings about...i love being addicted. And if only i won the lottery......a guy can dream cant he? Id finally have that ak...

13. MachoMelvin

NOBODY told me I had to win the lottery, to get a AK?
    How did I do that, didn't even play!

14. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

well, if it's a full auto AK, then winning the lotto would help pay for one

15. histed

histed Supporting Member

Hi Hotshot. Welcome to the forum. Please don't listen to all the addicts on here, as they are notorious enablers. The good new is the THERE IS A CURE. Its quite simple. I'm sending you a PM with my address. To overcome this often fatal problem just pack up all of teh guns you currently own and send them to me. Then, every time you get the urge to buy another gun, write the check and mail it to me, secure in teh knowledge that I can and will protect you from yourself :llama::foilhat: