Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next pistol

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

Ruger Wrangler Birds Head with 3 3/4" barrel.

I asked for this and a Wrangler revolving carbine. Half way there! Hope the carbine materializes.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
My next pistol

View attachment 74707
Ruger Wrangler Birds Head with 3 3/4" barrel.

I asked for this and a Wrangler revolving carbine. Half way there! Hope the carbine materializes.
That the 22 mode? I have a Heritage model and its my favorite of all their models. Granted you can make any version of theirs that way with just a few minutes work. That just fits my hand perfectly

·
Premium Member
8,900 Posts
I once owned a Heritage Bird'shead revolver - my hand and revolver never got along.
Sold it to a friend who wanted the .22 Mag for self defense.

eldar

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
I once owned a Heritage Bird'shead revolver - my hand and revolver never got along.
Sold it to a friend who wanted the .22 Mag for self defense.

eldar
Friends don't let Friends use rimfire for SD...
Just Sayin' ;)

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not? I carry one every day. Albeit a bug to my 9mm, but when deep concealment is the order of the day, just the .22 Rim Fire.

My dad carried a .22 rim fire in the last years of his life. The bone cancer had weakened him to the point that he could not shoot anything harder recoiling. I wager that had someone tried to test him, they would of likely had the last thought something to the tune of …….sorry, time to finish that thought just ran out for that individual.

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
Just Sayin' ;)
Mrs. Dawg uses one - or two - for SD. Anything with more recoil could damage her eyes for good. She's dang good with it and it beats a sharp stick or harsh words

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
Why not? I carry one every day. Albeit a bug to my 9mm, but when deep concealment is the order of the day, just the .22 Rim Fire.

My dad carried a .22 rim fire in the last years of his life. The bone cancer had weakened him to the point that he could not shoot anything harder recoiling. I wager that had someone tried to test him, they would of likely had the last thought something to the tune of …….sorry, time to finish that thought just ran out for that individual.
My theory is if its good enough for the mob its good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
My first hand gun was a S&W622. The guy asked me what I was buying it for. "Plinking, and self defense."

He said, "I wouldn't use a .22 for self defense."

I said, " how many does it hold?"

"Ten"

"If I can't stop them with 10, I ain't trying."

He handed me a box of CCI Stringers. "I would use these."

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts
Of course there are exceptions
And the comment generated lots of activity too...

That's why they pay me to be here, Good People :D

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,018 Posts

Yes, B.U.G. and deep concealed and all that, I agree. But for most able bodied folks with no physical impairment, under normal conditions, centerfire.

A friend at the big coal gasification plant we started about 2009 got to work and discovered he had his NAA 5 shot 22lr in with his pocket change :D It was a DHS designated national security site, he could have gotten a lot of grief over that LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I stopped at the LGS yesterday to order the Birdshead Wrangler. She priced it for me, about $15 more than the regular wrangler. But they are not available now. She will call me when they are.

They do have the Big Rock Distributor exclusive MKIV target model in the display case. I have kind of been wanting the MKIV target model, but have been put off by the $600 price tag. Especially since my MKII standard is still working and is very accurate.

I do not like the flash hider on the Big Rock Distributor model, and could care less about the threaded barrel, but for $499 it is tempting. I could always remove the flash hider and put a thread protector on it. And who knows, maybe I do want a Ruger Silent-SR.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
Of course there are exceptions
And the comment generated lots of activity too...

That's why they pay me to be here, Good People :D
Fire him

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,345 Posts
I stopped at the LGS yesterday to order the Birdshead Wrangler. She priced it for me, about $15 more than the regular wrangler. But they are not available now. She will call me when they are.

They do have the Big Rock Distributor exclusive MKIV target model in the display case. I have kind of been wanting the MKIV target model, but have been put off by the $600 price tag. Especially since my MKII standard is still working and is very accurate.

I do not like the flash hider on the Big Rock Distributor model, and could care less about the threaded barrel, but for $499 it is tempting. I could always remove the flash hider and put a thread protector on it. And who knows, maybe I do want a Ruger Silent-SR.

View attachment 74747
Can you order the handle and grips from Ruger like you can heritage?

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you order the handle and grips from Ruger like you can heritage?
I looked on shopruger and did not see where you could.

I have the Heritage Rancher, and Barkeeper. I am looking for a Heritage 4 3/4" with birdshead grip. I was going to swap grips between the revolvers. I may just buy one of the common 6 1/2" Heritage revolvers and order the birdshead grip for my Barkeep. Then I will have complete matching .22 Rimfires for the .22 / 410 cowboy shoots that my brothers church has.

I will never replace the stainless Ruger Single Six for hunting, or my stainless Ruger Bearcat for my kit gun.

I do own a standard Ruger Wrangler. The fit and finish is better than the Heritage Barkeep, and it does not have that hideous safety that the Heritage has. The Heritage has the better trigger though. Both are equally accurate, although the Heritage offerings I own are better regulated. My Ruger Wrangler shoots point of aim horizontally, but several inches high vertically.

My Heritage Rancher the fit is exquisite and the Walnut (or is it rosewood) furniture is very nice. Maybe I just got lucky, but I am extremely happy with it. It did have to go back to the factory though. During the first range session the rear sight shifted in its dovetail, when I tried to shift it back, the barrel moved. If I would of removed the ejector housing I could of unscrewed the barrel by hand!. I was going to fix it myself, but I thought no- it’s brand new, let Heritage fix it. I got it back in about a month, and it’s right now.

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts

View attachment 74747
Looks like an anteater 😁

Reactions: Twisty

·
Super Moderator
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That settles it. I will buy it tomorrow and christen it the Anteater!

I just needed a good reason to buy it! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,295 Posts
That settles it. I will buy it tomorrow and christen it the Anteater!

I just needed a good reason to buy it! Thanks!
There's an enabler behind every post here. Thank you, Trash - now it doesn't have to be me!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Heritage RR .22 WMR. And I'm a sucker for pearl grips. Part of my cowboy rig.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 44 Posts