Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I bought a Heritage in the spring. It did not come with a magnum cylinder. I saw some 22WMR in a local gunshop and brought some home. Decided to finally order the cylinder ($29.99 and free shipping). It showed up today.
Font Material property Gas Circle Paper

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Font

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I believe the revolver shoots better with the .22WMR cylinder than the .22LR cylinder.

eldar

·
Super Moderator
9,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I believe the revolver shoots better with the .22WMR cylinder than the .22LR cylinder.

eldar
Most 22LR / 22 Mag conversion firearms will shoot better with magnums vs long rifles. This is due to the magnums having a larger diameter than the long rifles. The firearms are manufactured with the barrels to magnum specs for safety reasons.

·
Registered
17 Posts
getting ready to order this one. like the looks of the grips. holster is a bonus. not sure if i will carry it as i have other options. was considering the heritage rough rider til i saw the ruger

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
He said, "I wouldn't use a .22 for self defense."
I said, " how many does it hold?"
"Ten"
"If I can't stop them with 10, I ain't trying."
Bare minimum for self defense that I would carry is 9 millimeter Luger, but I am also in decent health. I would rather have a .22 Long Rifle than nothing. But given a choice of what I carry I revert to my former opinion. I am not accurate with pistols more powerful than .40 Smith & Wesson or .45 Auto.

I like .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum in a lever action rifle.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts
Bare minimum for self defense that I would carry is 9 millimeter Luger, but I am also in decent health. I would rather have a .22 Long Rifle than nothing. But given a choice of what I carry I revert to my former opinion. I am not accurate with pistols more powerful than .40 Smith & Wesson or .45 Auto.

I like .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum in a lever action rifle.
To each his own mon ami. I prefer a 1911 .45 ACP, but usually carry a 9 or 38 special these days. If my health gets bad enough, I'll carry a .22 lr. I agree with you that bigger is better. And I like the .357 in a lever gun too, preferably with a John Wayne loop! 😉

·
Super Moderator
9,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·

·
Registered
729 Posts
I prefer a 1911 .45 ACP...
Amen, Brother.

Santa brought me this this year. I must have been a good boy. RIA 1911 .45 ACP GI Standard. For my purposes it's a bit heavy to carry tho. Ever gun enthusiast/collector should have a 45 cal 1911 in their collection. I'm probably going to change the grips to ivory. I'n a sucker for ivory grips.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Super Moderator
5,307 Posts

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,019 Posts
Amen, Brother.

Santa brought me this this year. I must have been a good boy. RIA 1911 .45 ACP GI Standard. For my purposes it's a bit heavy to carry tho. Ever gun enthusiast/collector should have a 45 cal 1911 in their collection. I'm probably going to change the grips to ivory. I'n a sucker for ivory grips.

View attachment 74824
Get a good shoulder rig and winter carry that! But you don't really have "winter" down there unless Ted Cruz goes on vacay :rotfl:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts