Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only that, but a first time firearm owner. After a lot of research and talking with a buddy who really likes his, I purchased a C9 at a local, rural gunshop. Walked out of the store with a new C9, holster, and 50 rounds for less than $200.00. The owner said they have been selling 4 to 6 C9's per week.

Went to the range yesterday and had jam on the 2nd round on my first 2 clip loads (I only have 1 clip). That was a little disappointing but since it was only on the second round, I proceeded to only put in 6 rounds after that. Worked like a charm! Put about 125 rounds through.

BTW, the range owner's first question after I was firing for a while was if it jammed. After I told him it did, he said "Yeah, those Hi Points are known for jamming." I just let it go.

My next step is to look up how to clean my new C9.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Load that magazine up and let it sit for a week. That should loosen up the spring and help with the jamming. Also shot about 100-200 FMJ rounds through it. Hi-Points tend to need a break in period. My first gun was also a Hi-Point. My .45 JHP. I've had it for 2 months now and I love it. Hoping to get my wife the C9 or .380 by Friday. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
735 Posts
WELCOME....to join is only $50.00 a year.... :lol: just kidding, but this place is so nice i would pay to be here, everyone here is nice, smart, friendly, heck some people here even know what the heck they are talking about. agian.welcome

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hi, my name is Broomhead and I am a HiPoint addict. Welcome to our support program.
There are five steps in this program.
Step 1: Buy a ton of ammo and send it down range.
Step 2: Buy more HiPoints.
Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2 repeatedly.
Step 4: Snicker at all Gun Snobs for paying way too much, when their backs are turned.
Step 5: Happily spread the addiction to as many people as humanly possible.

Unfortunately, these are not steps to recovery. There is no recovery.
:drool: :drool: :drool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.