Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recent email to sales and their reply:

Subject: Re: .45 ACP carbine?

We get tons of 45 requests we plan to have our 45 carbine out in early 2009 thanks for being patient
------Original Message------
To: [email protected]
Subject: .45 ACP carbine?
Sent: Jun 23, 2008 7:42 PM

Is there ever going to be a .45 ACP carbine? I've been waiting a long time
on one and really would like to buy one someday.

Thanks.

Just curious. How many requests do you get for these?

END QUOTE

My question is this: Are they serious about this date or have they been giving similar replies in the past? For instance, if someone wrote to them last June, did they say they were expected in "early 2008"?

Methinks that if Obama and the dems win big there won't be any new carbines or old ones being sold either. With pistol grips and barrel shrouds,
Hi Point carbines will be considered "assault rifles"

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
welcome to the forum.

Even if that anti gun nut job wins they will still have to pass the bills, and you know it takes forever for anything to get done is washington.

Dont give up hope just yet

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just don't think there is enough support out there for anower AWB, but we will damn sure have to fight it whenever it pops it's ugly head up, which it will, no matter WHO is in office.

G

·
Oh Damn, I bought an assualt rifle?

Here I am, from pennsy and I actually am clinging to my guns, just like Osama, Er.....Obama said......

Actually thats only partly true. I Am from the great Commomwealth of Pennsylvania, but I only decided to buy some guns after big ears made his unfortunate comment. If it gives any consolation to those waiting for the 4595, heres a pic of the box my 4095 came in......

It atleast has the 4595 box on it to check off. I mean thats some hope for me anyways. But yous guys have been waiting longer than me so....

BTW, not everyone in Pennsy is a poor gun totin *******, but were trying.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Welcome, and It's eerie to see the "4595" on that box... like seeing a unicorn being ridden by a leprechaun while it craps gold that Santa Claus gives to the pygmies in New Guinea... well... that might be a stretch, but it is eerie. That's a funny word... EeRiE.... :lol:... :shock:... ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome, and It's eerie to see the "4595" on that box... like seeing a unicorn being ridden by a leprechaun while it craps gold that Santa Claus gives to the pygmies in New Guinea... well... that might be a stretch, but it is eerie. That's a funny word... EeRiE.... :lol:... :shock:... ;)
I love it it man, you're wacked!

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Hey RaisedByWolves. I was just at a pawn shop & saw a used 4095.
When I asked if it came with all the extra's & paperwork they showed me the same box.
So I asked them about the 4095 & how old it was & they said it was in & out of pawn for over a year.
My guess is that Hi-Point planned on putting out the 4595 earlier. The main problem is the stock. They must have decided that in order to increase sales they needed a more modern style with rails, etc... That seems to be the biggest gripe everybody has with the carbines.
They must have wanted to get out of the "ugly gun" business & put an end to the ATI stock problems that have people sending in their carbines for repair.
They will need to get it "just right" before they have the molds made for production. That's where the biggest cost is & once it's made you can't change it.

If the New Style stock won't be out till '09 then I may just have to bite the bullet & go back to that Pawn Shop & buy the Camo 4095 I saw. Not sure if I want to keep the 4X scope that's on it or put the Ghost Ring sites back on :?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
in order to increase sales they needed a more modern style with rails, etc...
I predict that these will sell faster and be harder to find than the Wii was at Christmas time...

Affordable .45 carbines are hard to find.

I know of 5 other people that would buy one right away. Then, as it gets shown to other people, interest would multiply faster than bacteria on 2 week old chicken in August... :lol:

2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32...

Maybe they're trying to get a few hundred made up as a buffer... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Since Hi Point weapons are going up in price in general, I wonder what the price will be for a 4595 when it does finally come out?

G

·
Maybe Im just bent, but I like the look of this gun. Yeah its kinda funky but to me it looks like it means business and Ive had nothing but + comments from those I have showed it to. Plus Im coming over to firearms from the world of Hi powered air guns, and theres just so damn many that copy te style of the ATI/Beretta look. I like different, and this thing has it in spades.

IMO the humps look worse in pics than they do in person.

G

·
Maybe Im just bent, but I like the look of this gun. Yeah its kinda funky but to me it looks like it means business and Ive had nothing but + comments from those I have showed it to.
<snip>
IMO the humps look worse in pics than they do in person.
Too many people place TOO MUCH importance on "looks" and not performance.

If it doesn't have a perfect finish or fine aesthetic lines, it must suck, you know :p

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
HA! I own AK style weapons Hi Points and milsurps. Im going for the most bang for the buck.

I will leave having to polish and armorall your weapon at least once a week to someone else ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If they are waiting for a new stock before producing them, that is just dumb.

It would make more sense to start selling them now while working on a new stock for all calibers of their carbine. They could sell tons of those later in addition to the regular stocked models.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
If they are waiting for a new stock before producing them, that is just dumb.

It would make more sense to start selling them now while working on a new stock for all calibers of their carbine. They could sell tons of those later in addition to the regular stocked models.
I have to disagree with you on this.

A lot of people will just not buy the old style Carbines because to them they look UGLY!
Now, if they make the 4595 in a sleek new style stock with all the features that people seem to want, then they can get those people to buy them too.
From a Marketing standpoint, the "New & Improved" look & feel will appeal to more people.
I think most people would also agree that they don't want to buy "Extra's" for their guns when it could have come like that "Standard".
You also have to remember that they would most likely need to make another mold for the 4595 stock anyway & at $50-100,000 a pop they can't afford to be doing that.

I'm a patient man so I'll just wait & bide my time till it comes out. It would be nice to be able to Pre-Order them though :roll:

Are they ready yet :shock: :cry:

·
Registered
721 Posts
If they are waiting on the election for the .45 (and I really couldn't blame them on that) they could get the 9 and 40 stocks out to get people pumped for the 45

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.