YOu guys see this about FedEx?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jaxfl, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I heard the initial broadcast of the story while I was standing in the archery shop. Fed Ex is having a bad month...

2. panoz77

panoz77 Member

You won't hear much about it because he used a shotgun and not an evil "assault rifle". Can't wait for the ban on "high capacity" (5+1 round) pump shotguns. I mean who needs more than 1 round for hunting? :rolleyes:

3. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

had a shotgun and wounded 6 people? he musta thought he had the range of a rifle.

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Who knows? Maybe he was using bird shot. Maybe he's just a bad shot.

I'm just glad he didn't kill anyone but himself.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. AS6

AS6 Legible in My Own Mind Member

If it turns out to be a shotgun (as it appears to be), our beloved vice-president shall be embarrassed yet again.

6. RobbK

RobbK Member

OK I am not a huge conspiracy guy but why is it that suddenly every one that goes on a rampage kills themselves?

7. NWPatriot

NWPatriot Member

I'm not sure that's really new - according to this article I read a while ago, about 1/2 of the mass shooters commit suicide - based on incidents going back to the 60's:

http://www.wired.com/2012/12/why-spree-killers-kill-themselves/

8. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    The shooter was 19 yrs old according to the News. What's going on with these young-uns?

9. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY

Not to worry! "Shotgun Joe will say "See! I told them to get a
    DOUBLE BARREL Shotgun! If everybody had those, 2 shots and he's DONE!"

OOPs, there I went and did his Spin Doctor's jobs for them... ;)

10. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Meth laced with bath salts? :confused:

11. Branth

Branth Member

'cause they want to kill themselves. They know that going on a shooting rampage is gonna end up with them dead in a hail of bullets eventually, or in prison for the rest of their lives. They just want to make the rest of the world suffer, too.

They have a control complex, and as soon as they lose some degree of control over the situation (i.e. someone else points a gun at them) they off themselves.

12. Rerun

Rerun Member

I wonder if pointing a fake/realistic-looking toy gun at them would have the same effect ~ "Oh, crap! That guy is about to steal my thunder (Shoots himself)"...

eldar

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    What happened to the good old days, when those kinds of guys went after the politicians in that situation, instead of helpless citizens?:mad:

I mean seriously, you wanna make the news in your blaze of glory exit from this hole we call life? How about doing the rest of us a favor, improving the planet, and taking some blood sucking leeches with you.:cool:

14. Rerun

Rerun Member

Probably because the blood sucking leaches have body guards armed with sub-machine guns and fellow workers are unarmed shooting gallery material...

eldar

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yeah, but if, as Branth said, they want to commit suicide...isnt that the way to go?

If you do it right, you can get a few of those body guards too, and they are targets that would make the typical ass hat look slightly better than shooting poor defenseless kids. At least, it makes SO much more sense to me.

Not that I understand ANY of that type of thought process.:rolleyes:

16. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

No different than "suicide by cop."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

17. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

yep, those leaches have been allowed to make themselves pretty much untouchable. it's really dissapointing actually. once in awhile one of them gets downright stupid like gabby giffords and her staff of bumbling morons and comes up with the great idea of announcing a public event with absolutely no security whatsoever. At least they had Sarah to blame it all on.:rolleyes:

18. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Entitlement that's been driven into them since they started school. When you get a trophy for just showing up to practice, everyone plays on the team; no one gets cut, coddle them, tell them they can do no wrong, blame others for their problems, tell them they are the most special person on the planet and can do anything they want to without consequence, you get this kind of stuff happening

19. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

^^^^* which drives me nuts.... I coached wrestling (5yrs-15yr olds) I never had trouble improving their self esteem, or confidence..... They didn't need to be coddled, they just needed to be pushed to excel on their own works. If they didn't work hard, it'd show in their matches, and I'd explain it to them... Had way more kids respond positively, than not.