You have got to be kidding me...

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by Strangerous, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Talk about a slap in the faces of not only Americans in general, but TO MUSLIMS ALSO. What is going on here? If you need some $, set up a paypal accound, and I'm sure plenty of folks will donate SOMETHING... maybe even put a <<cool logo thing>> in their sig for it or something... this is wrong on so many levels, so... WTF?!
    [​IMG]

2. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Uhm... It looks like an ad for any one of 40,000 dating sites out there. Whats the big deal?

Edit:
    Just to clarify, I am the one that started a thread about the contextual ad highlighting, but a single banner at the _bottom_ of the page is pretty benign.

3. Muslims need lovin', too.

4. griff30

griff30 Member

HAHAHA!
    Wait till see see Muslimswingers.com or Mormonswingers.com then it's time to pack.

5. Kagern

Kagern Guest

I do hope the folks running it aren't located in a country where they'll be hung/shot/stoned for this.

6. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

That's why it's an insult to Muslims.

7. BSK

BSK Guest

well, if there is a market out there for it then someone will create it. so if that website pays to advertise here they must make $$$ from it so therefore some muslims are using it despite the religious beliefs.

8. Mike_AZ

Mike_AZ U.S.S. Member

9. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

This is a conspiracy by google ads to undermine us... Bank on it.

10. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

well lets straighten this out right now.

if you are muslim and offended please say so now:

11. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Hey JasonJ, nice diplomacy, HOWEVER the muslims who are offended have already been determined to be living in a country that kills women for partaking in such activities such as the ad sugguests... This isn't about them anyways, it's about having Islamic Dating sites advertise on the red white and blue, made in USA, AMERICAN MADE firearms forum.

Point recieved?

12. 47_MasoN_47

47_MasoN_47 You know who I am Member

Hahaha that's pretty crazy, I thought marriages were still arranged in most of the muslim societies so they didn't really date people. I could be behind the times though, I don't really keep up with what's going on with the muslim scene.

Anyway....just some FYI for anybody that's interested, there is an awesome plugin for Firefox called AdBlocker Plus. Check it out sometime :) Another side note about that plugin, please don't tell me I'm stealing ad revenue, I have NEVER clicked on an advertisement and never will. On the rare occasion that (before I blocked them all) I did see something advertised I was interested in, I would just go to the site myself instead of clicking on them. Ad servers are huge targets for hackers, phishers, botters, and all kinds of other malicious crap. Don't let your computer get pwn3d by some dirty RBN piece of crap.

13. Kagern

Kagern Guest

Nurse, up the meds please. Yes, all the way.

P)

14. If that small banner at the bottom of the page offends you so much or strikes such fear that Hackerz may attack your PC then dont scroll down that last inch or so or try to make a post so soon after your last. lol. ;)

15. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

:lol: ah, that's assuring, now i may sleep with a clear mind, knowing my Jones is keeping the forum safe.

16. thast right lol

Why just look at me setting there...arms all crossed badass like....I was protectin the forum at that very moment in fact, just as I am now and always. ;)

17. Strangerous

Strangerous Member

Your pic looks like your arms are huge, makes popeye look like a ballet dancer... (the tu-tu kind)

18. lol I was being sarcastic with the "badass like" comment. Just in case anyone takes it any other way. As far as the gun boats, all I try to do is maintain. :)

19. turban friend finder is coming soon!!!! HA HA HA J/K I don't mind banners at the bottom.

20. strangerous, i feel the same way. don't feel alone.