You know what I like most about this forum?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Back2School, May 12, 2014.

1. Back2School

Back2School Member

The people here do not exclude others because of different beliefs.

Although people may disagree on politics, the 2nd amendment, religion, caliber, other firearms manufacturers, etc everyone seems to have a live and let live attitude. We may call others stupid but no hate. Well, I may be the worst teasing MO residents but that's all in good fun ;)

I regularly frequent 2 other forums (well maybe down to 1 now) and cool places like this are hard to find.

My Jeep forum is full of people telling everyone they don't belong in a Jeep for idiotic things like wanting leather seats, a backup camera or simply by liking the 4 door JK. Lot of hate going on there.

My Big 12 sports forum is full of people who think all sports stop outside of TX and OK. Anyone anywhere else just needs to suck it up and admit they dont matter. After hearing my religion being trashed several times, I spoke up and said Hey - that means me. So some people took their time to literally spend their day trashing me and my religion for the next couple of weeks.

I just don't get the hate and seriously glad this forum is not like that.

The day I hear someone tell another they don't belong owning a Hi Point because they have no clue what a Hi Point is will be the day I die laughing!

Edit - You guys and girls ROCK!

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Well, if we let SWAGA and Geek keep theirs, it's only fair that you can stay too. Unless you WANT us to pull your HiPoint Pass that is. I'm sure someone will offer you a ridiculously low price to get you out of your cheap and reliable-ish hi points and get you started on owning something a bit more snobbish.

3. talon

talon the banned wagon

wait, this is a firearms forum? i thought it was a 420 forum, no wonder i have no clue what anyone is ever talking about.

4. Back2School

Back2School Member

well I have 3 so it might cost a bit :D

and, I have made 2 converts to the Hi Point cause so far!My brother and father.

My bro was the kind of guy to buy somewhat expensive guns, and use them as a savings account. Selling them later for cash or trading for something new. He never understood how much he lost doing that. So I explained how I bought my C9 and will never get rid of it because whatever money I would get wouldn't be enough to justify selling it. So, he picks his C9 up off layaway at his LGS next week :)

5. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Great post. Funny, I have had plenty of debates on issues, especially with "religious" differences, with guys like Branth and Talon. It can get somewhat "heated." But when I need advice about something (like sighting in my scope) or help with the project for my daughter, both of those guys jump right in and help.

That's how we roll on the Hi Point Forum :D

6. talon

talon the banned wagon

agreed. some issues can really get in depth and fists start flying, but, at the end of the day, we shake it off, and start over and noone holds a grudge.

7. ArmyScout

ArmyScout Supporting Member

IL
    Is this the Hi Point forum I know? :)

8. talon

talon the banned wagon

ive always hated you. :p

9. in the spirit of positive things.

Ill say I stick to this forum because it doesn't matter what gun you buy, almost everyone here will embrace it.

seriously I probably shoot me cf.380 twice a year, and don't own a carbine but this is
    The only forum I have been on where people appreciate cheap Jennings, to fancy kimbers and colts. The only forum that accepts wheel gun fans might not be able to pony up for a high dollar SAA and go with a roughrider instead.

10. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

We are the largest dysfunctional family on the interwebs!

11. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

It does crack me up how we can be bashing the bejebus out of one another on one thread then sharing heartfelt moments one thread over......Then go right back to bashing.

12. I really don't care what you think. Really.

Isn't that what you like??

:D

13. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

If the people of this world hate you, just remember that they hated me first.
    John 15:18

14. bluebone

bluebone Duke of Sarcasm Member

There we go. .. Straight into the dark rooms.

15. talon

talon the banned wagon

most people understood what i said as a joke too.

16. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    It's a guy thing, we just beat each other up, and then go get a drink. And those of us that don't drink just get a Coke, and those of us that don't drink Coke just get a Root Beer, and we all get over it, and go find something else to fight about.

There seems to be a decent amount of respect around here, maybe not for individual ideas and beliefs exactly, but for the guys and girls behind those ideas and beliefs. I mean, I may think some guy is an idiot for not getting whatever it is I think, or voting the same way I do, or liking the same TV show or gun or whatever...but that doesn't mean he's an idiot about the other things we agree on. We can usually find something to agree on, and we can just put on our big boy pants and ignore the rest.

As long as it doesn't involve skull stickers .:rolleyes:

17. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Hello Kitty stickers are way cooler

18. mawguy

mawguy Sheep Dog Member

The older I get the more convinced that I have never changed someone's mind that wasn't already leaning that direction already. I used to think I was witty and eloquent and an excellent debater. Turns out I was an incredible pain in the arse. Well, I swerved at the last minute as I approached the cliff-:)

I really appreciate the opinions and points of view of others. If I didn't then I would be just as happy talking to myself in the bathroom mirror. With a background in psychology, I have my own ideas about where aggressive and defensive behavior comes from.

This is the best forum I belong to. Taurus Firearms Forum is right up there for a lot of the same reasons.

19. forgotenpast

forgotenpast Member

i think i am going to be sick

20. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Who's defensive?????? **** you!.......
    Not really, sorry....... Went aggressive/passive for a sec..