Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts
Blasphemy is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God, to religious or holy persons or things, or toward something considered sacred or inviolable.

It is spoken of in Mark 3:29, where blaspheming the Holy Spirit is spoken of as unforgivable-the eternal sin
naysayer, actually it is freedom of speech, which per forum rules is perfectly allowed. we cannot, regardless of how much we dont want to have you force feed us Jesus in all your posts, we cannot stop you, as you arent violating any rules. just as holding any belief and posting about it in a non threatening manner. so its not blashempy at all, just because its not YOUR belief doesnt make it wrong. tell ya what, how about we compromise, you beleive anything you want, as will i, but you leave it off of everything you post? there are people who dont want religion, why can you not accept that? please, dont force feed it to me, and i wont exercise my free speech against it, and everyone is happy. this isnt anything personal, but, respect those of us that dont believe. we are here for guns, and dont want jesus tossed in everytime you post. my soul, isnt yours to try and save. is that too much to ask for?

naysayer, actually it is freedom of speech, which per forum rules is perfectly allowed. we cannot, regardless of how much we dont want to have you force feed us Jesus in all your posts, we cannot stop you, as you arent violating any rules. just as holding any belief and posting about it in a non threatening manner. so its not blashempy at all, just because its not YOUR belief doesnt make it wrong. tell ya what, how about we compromise, you beleive anything you want, as will i, but you leave it off of everything you post? there are people who dont want religion, why can you not accept that? please, dont force feed it to me, and i wont exercise my free speech against it, and everyone is happy. this isnt anything personal, but, respect those of us that dont believe. we are here for guns, and dont want jesus tossed in everytime you post. my soul, isnt yours to try and save. is that too much to ask for?
Come on Talon, he wasn't being a jerk until everyone jumped on him.;)
Even then, he has been pretty mellow.

Like you said, freedom of speech. He's not addressing anyone here when he thanks his Lord, but those who are making fun, are. So who is being more obnoxious?

Not him.;)

Like you said, freedom of speech. He's not addressing anyone here when he thanks his Lord, but those who are making fun, are. So who is being more obnoxious?

Not him.;)
go back, multiple times, he quoted me and made references, therefore directing it at me. im simply asking him to stop. im happy he's proud of his faith, but, its NOT right to force it upon others. i have to ''deal with it'' as there are no rules that says he cant do it, but, by not wanting to see it, im wrong? i have to deal with it, but noone has to deal with the fact that maybe people DONT want to see it? there in lies my problem. im not asking him to give up his religion, im asking him to respect the others, that arent interested in it. god isnt buying him guns, his paycheck is, i love seeing what he buys, its awesome to be able to buy guns that often, but, its to the point where i am on the verge of ignoring him, because i dont want to see WWJBM ''what would jesus buy me'' today. im just asking to keep it to guns, please. respect is a two way street, respect ME and what i dont believe and i can respect YOU for what you do, but neither of us have a right to force it upon anyone else.

That's the problem with free speech. You can't have it both ways. You can't give one person free speech and give someone the right to not have to hear it. However, you do have the choice to ignore it.

There is lots of garbage on tv, the radio and on the wend. Instead of fighting against their rights to say or print it, I simply choose not to listen (or read).

i have thoughts but this being a decent and light hearted thread i'd rather do my best to keep it from falling into the dark rooms. let's just say i prefer to pick my battles.....altho not always wisely.

Not him.;)
That's a good point. I rarely see Flying Spaghetti Monster references that aren't little more than ridiculing Christianity. While I don't think any FSM references in this specific thread (so far) have crossed that line, let's all keep it civil.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

That's the problem with free speech. You can't have it both ways. You can't give one person free speech and give someone the right to not have to hear it. However, you do have the choice to ignore it.

There is lots of garbage on tv, the radio and on the wend. Instead of fighting against their rights to say or print it, I simply choose not to listen (or read).
thats the problem though, i dont WANT to be forced to ignore him. i have absolutely ZERO issues with him as a person, i love seeing the things he buys especially, ignoring him makes it personal and its not.

and you are right, you cant have it both ways, but, why would you keep posting about how much you love your butcher and how many pounds of beef you bought in a vegan forum? same concept, theres a place for everything, always room on occasion for off topic discussions, but, it does not need to be in everything you post.

That's a good point. I rarely see Flying Spaghetti Monster references that aren't little more than ridiculing Christianity. While I don't think any FSM references in this specific thread (so far) have crossed that line, let's all keep it civil.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
...or we could just stick to the keep religion in the dark rooms like it should be, and have nothing to worry about at all. Christianity goes against everything i believe in as a non-christian, so arent religious references ridiculing my beliefs?

whats good for one is good for another.

this isnt the place for this, but you cant allow one group to have free reign over what it says, if you are going to control what another group thinks. if you cant let all of them speak freely, then you shouldnt let any of them.

im done with this crap.

One of the positives here is how many of you are firmly grounded in economic reality and understand how average people live. If the most a person can afford is a HP pistol and a Marlin .22 rifle, they won't get beat into the ground by the elitists. They are regarded as fellow members of the firearms community.

go back, multiple times, he quoted me and made references, therefore directing it at me. im simply asking him to stop. im happy he's proud of his faith, but, its NOT right to force it upon others. i have to ''deal with it'' as there are no rules that says he cant do it, but, by not wanting to see it, im wrong? i have to deal with it, but noone has to deal with the fact that maybe people DONT want to see it? there in lies my problem. im not asking him to give up his religion, im asking him to respect the others, that arent interested in it. god isnt buying him guns, his paycheck is, i love seeing what he buys, its awesome to be able to buy guns that often, but, its to the point where i am on the verge of ignoring him, because i dont want to see WWJBM ''what would jesus buy me'' today. im just asking to keep it to guns, please. respect is a two way street, respect ME and what i dont believe and i can respect YOU for what you do, but neither of us have a right to force it upon anyone else.
Actually you don't have to deal with it. No one is forcing you to come.

One of the positives here is how many of you are firmly grounded in economic reality and understand how average people live. If the most a person can afford is a HP pistol and a Marlin .22 rifle, they won't get beat into the ground by the elitists. They are regarded as fellow members of the firearms community.
Even if they own a Glock? :confused:

Actually you don't have to deal with it. No one is forcing you to come.
you are absolutely right. no one is forcing me to be here, and i'll tell ya what, i'll just walk away. i'll be sure the door doesnt hit me in the arse on the way out, enjoy yourselves. sorry i troubled any of you, see ya!

you are absolutely right. no one is forcing me to be here, and i'll tell ya what, i'll just walk away. i'll be sure the door doesnt hit me in the arse on the way out, enjoy yourselves. sorry i troubled any of you, see ya!
Obligatory ten character post....
Forehead Chin Hairstyle Eyebrow Jaw

Attachments

...or we could just stick to the keep religion in the dark rooms like it should be,
If the thread is about religion, then yeah. If it's just an aside comment then, as long as the mods don't believe it's contentious (and we do have at least one atheist mod) or trolling or somehow violating the rules, then we'll probably let it stand. We try to be tolerant and libertarian here.

and have nothing to worry about at all. Christianity goes against everything i believe in as a non-christian, so arent religious references ridiculing my beliefs?

whats good for one is good for another.
I don't really see how. Statement of an opposing belief is not ridiculing the other belief. FSM, on the other hand, is almost always initiated specifically by people who don't believe in him (FSM). And it's almost always done to specifically ridicule Christian belief in a God. Now, like I wrote, I don't think and of the FSM references in this particular thread were deliberately ridiculing or trolling but were good natured fun.

We all understand that you're an atheist (or maybe an agnostic). Thus if/when Melvin tells you that you need to heed the call to Christian salvation and you're not receptive, that crosses a line. Heck, calls to Christian salvation, as a general rule, should usually go in the Dark Rooms.

However, believing that "God bought me stuff" doesn't cross the lines of preaching nor of trolling. If Melvin was following you around the forum and yanking your chain by posting "God bought me stuff" then that would be him trolling you and he would be warned off of it first and then, if that did not work, other corrective action would be taken.

Just because you don't believe that God is buying him stuff doesn't mean that he doesn't believe that. As long as he's not trying to convert people and isn't deliberately abrogating the rules, then, even though it may seem obnoxious to you, it falls under a broad concept of "let's all stay polite to each other."

this isnt the place for this, but you cant allow one group to have free reign over what it says, if you are going to control what another group thinks. if you cant let all of them speak freely, then you shouldnt let any of them.
Huh? I'm not sure I follow. Could you please expound upon how you believe this is happening?

im done with this crap.
Well, I hope not. I like you.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

talon,

Be the better man, turn the other cheek.

;)

eldar

talon,

;)

eldar
I don't see that happening.

Not once in all the arguments he has been in have he said "maybe I'm wrong?" Nope he just keeps blasting his opinion and how you are the one in the wrong. Until the other party just says eff it I have more fun things to do than argue a point.

I don't see that happening.

Not once in all the arguments he has been in have he said "maybe I'm wrong?" Nope he just keeps blasting his opinion and how you are the one in the wrong. Until the other party just says eff it I have more fun things to do than argue a point.
Spot on. Yes, spot on.

Again, polite, please.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

you cant allow one group to have free reign over what it says, if you are going to control what another group thinks.
Talon, I hope you stick around, I really do. Your opinion about many things is very similar to mine in many ways, though you are often a bit more blunt about expressing it than I am.:p

But that statement cracks me up.

You are equating freedom of speech with ...freedom of thought?:confused:

I just don't get it.

Look, if you feel the need to balance the world out, just put something agnostic in your sig line.;)

talon,
That was just mean.
Quit forcing your Christian beliefs on us, man!:D

Time to hit the easy button,

Pin-back button Font Circle Symbol Nail

Stop baiting and stop biting guys...... Yes it is really that easy........

Attachments

41 - 60 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.