You think this guy wants a fair price!!

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by inglwud59, May 10, 2014.

1. inglwud59

inglwud59 Member

I saw this ad yesterday made me chuckle a little.

Attached Files:

2. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Shell clips? Are those the little brother to the 30 round .30 caliber assault clips?

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Well, heck, I'd pay $450 for an AUTOMATIC Hi Point without all the accessories

4. talon

talon the banned wagon

the 2 boxes of shells make it worth considering, especially if they are those pretty little irradescent ones like you find on the beach in Florida.

5. Those are the guys that over paid last year trying to get their money back.

I guess I was raised different, I once had a guy offer me more for a rifle than it was worth and I told him, we where both happy with the deal and I didn't feel dirty after. I don't understand why those guys are trying to rip people off.

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

It's not technically wrong. "Automatic" used to be the standard, accepted, term for an auto-loader. Remember all those rounds (and associated handguns) designed by JMB that have "Automatic" as part of the description: "Automatic Colt Pistol" ... ACP.

There was a time not too long ago when someone who said his gun was a "45 Auto" or "45 Automatic" was understood to be referring to a 1911 family pistol.

Heck, there was a time when handgun descriptions were divided "Pistol," which was associated with magazine fed handguns, and "Revolver." For instance, The A B C of Rifle, Revolver and Pistol Shooting.

It's interesting to me to see how firearms slang, nicknames, and abbreviations has evolved over the past 30 years.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  7. if it gets hot, does it stop being automatic?

nit-picking aside. I remember being a kid and my grandpa let me shoot his only pistol. a tiny little german pistol in 25ACP his brother gave him to get it out of the house when kids were born.

it said on the side "25 automatic" and when it wouldn't fire in full auto he insisted something must be broken.

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  8. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I'm pretty sure, yeah. ;) <snork> Sometimes I think I need to hire a professional editor to correct my posts before I click "submit." But they keep telling me the want money for their work instead of basking in the glow of my presence.

Great story and it illustrates both positions perfectly. :)

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

9. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Forgive my ignorance, but what's a shoulder hoister? sounds like a drinking accessory.

10. Cheap Shot

Cheap Shot Member

WI
    Half of a bra? I usually see them in pairs.

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Fixed Quote :D

12. Lol. I couldn't resist picking on that. like when the championship skeet shooter misses his first clay of the day. No one can resist throwing it in his face.

Your always so right when your
    Are wrong I triple checked to make sure I was reading it right.

13. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'd point that out, but it's too easy.;)

Kirk, what do you mean there "was" a time regarding handguns? Pistols are pistols and revolvers aren't, but both are handguns That's still how it is.:cool:

As for that shoulder hoister, I think that may be the figure 8 thing you use with a broken collar bone to keep your shoulder in place so the bone knits right.
    I should have worn mine tighter, I have a bump where the collar bone is sitting higher than it should be on the one side, right where pack straps sit..:(

14. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yup. But the words are becoming interchangeable for many people. I'll still make the distinction but I won't grouse when I see people who don't. Kinda like Magazine/Clip.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk