Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not kidding. Out shopping with the girl, and saw this at the "Mo Money" Pawn shop over on the East side of Indian School in Phoenix's Central Core. And it's on SALE, with an extra 20%!! How gracious. They also had a $5000 AK that was gold plated and a $2000 RIA plated pistol with the image of Tupac on the hand grips. I was so offended I couldn't even stand to be in the shop any longer. Shops like this prey on the uneducated and the uninformed. I won't even tell you what the Glocks were going for....

And notice the price on the Lorcin next to it... freakin' insane!

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow! yep...they're gonna steadily go up as they gain more and more notoriety as a very acurate and dependable gun.

It's definitely not the frist firearm to do that. Gain postive notoriety abroad. The price goes up, and it's a more respected piece once it's priced higher.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
the pawshops around my "hood" are the same way. They had a used Taurus pt111 for $550! I called them on it! They got out there little book and changed the price to $325, still too high. They had Mosin's for $250,etc. They felt really dumb when I told them the taurus sells for less new. :devilsidesmile:

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
theres one shop in town here i stopped at today that had 40's and 45's for $299. but right across town you can buy them for $159. what a dumbass.
at the gun show this weekend, I saw a C9 for $255. At the very next table another guy had them for $155. I mentioned the discrepancy in a loud voice so the other guy could hear me.

I saw a beat up Mosin 91/30 for $200.

The good news is that the AK's were nearing reasonable prices again. $600 for a WASR-10 in cherry condition. I think the cheapest AK I saw was $399.

Had guys falling over themselves trying to sell me 9mm. I had one guy drop his price on WWB JHP 9mm by $7 just from me staring at the price long enough. Unfortunately I was just looking, not buying so I couldn't take advantage.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
OMG! Our prices have nothing on yours. Do they actually sell any?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Oh I have no issue with the pawn shop, if people are dumb enough to pay that much for guns (prolly comes out that high to if you use layaway...) then hey props to him. You guys all know damn well if you could somehow turn hi points for that much you'd be alll over it.

Fail to the people who buy into them though, lasy asses to worthless to shop around, their welfare check cashing place must be right across the street or something.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh I have no issue with the pawn shop, if people are dumb enough to pay that much for guns (prolly comes out that high to if you use layaway...) then hey props to him. You guys all know damn well if you could somehow turn hi points for that much you'd be alll over it.

Fail to the people who buy into them though, lasy asses to worthless to shop around, their welfare check cashing place must be right across the street or something.
Actually.... the check cashing place is IN the Mo' Money Pawn!!! They also are the typical "Cash for Gold types". I still go to my little Tempe gun shop. They're the cheapest around at $209 for a new C9, and about $180 for a quality used one. I can get .45's for about $175 and Saigas in 7.62x39 for $418 and .223 for $399. It might sound like alot for your Midwest types, but for Phoenix that's a bargain!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey Neo

there is a place in AJ called AJI that has c9's for 169 or so. theyre good guys but every thing else seems overpriced you may wanna check hem out. I do like those tempe guys theyre great to deal with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts