Your FAVORITE Hot Sauce, (Best Flavor, not necessarily hottest)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by undeRGRound, May 3, 2015.

1. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    I just had some Cholula, very fine stuff, the lime is even better...
    Tapatio is in the fridge, better for some things, and of course good old
    Tabasco and those spin-offs. I'd say Cholula Lime, but willing to try others!

LET'S HEAR YOURS!!!s

2. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Frank's is my main go to, I have some homemade scorpion pepper tabasco style sauce, 1.6 million scoville. Put three drops on my smoked roast beef sandwich tonight and the sweat has started! Great taste though!

3. BobboJama

BobboJama Member

SWFL
    RUTH'S spicy mango.. excellent flavor, with a bit of scotch bonnet pepper. fantastic on fish..

4. Django

Django Member

I don't know if they're the best out there but I always have Cholula or Texas Pete's.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

El Yucateco habanero sauce for me and Baby Bull.... It's our favorite.... Though she likes sriracha also.

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

As far a flavor goes, Tabasco Reserve. It is sooooooo different than regular Tabasco and a bit more spice. On eggs, chicken, burgers, steak, and fish it is fantastic. You can only get it at Avery Island or the Tabasco store in NOLA. It is aged at least 8 years and they use a french white wine vinegar. In fact I need to go flip my burgers that I rubbed it on.

7. I'm a Frank's fan. As far as taste. I wish it was hotter.
    I also love sriacha and cholua.
    I don't try many others because they get so dammed expensive.
    I do wish I could get a good HOT bbq sauce.
    Any suggestions?

8. case

case Member

Skyline has a good hot sauce. They sell bottles at the restaurant

9. Bull

local BBQ joint Zarda has damn good spicy sauce.... Called Zarda's hot and spicy, ironically enough... I don't think its available outside KC though:(

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

11. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

Scorned Woman. Good heat and great flavor. Does not mask the flavor of the food, but enhances it.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

I'm a Frank's fan, but like Tapatio and sriracha as well. I used to be a big hot sauce for the heat type of guy but GI problems have me toning down the spicy food intake. I like the buffalo style hot sauces as well.

13. Bull

I forgot Buffalo Wild Wings mango habenero.... Mighty good, but does cause flaming ass-gasket.

14. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I like good ol' fashioned Pace Picante Sauce. Sometimes, for certain foods, I will use my wife's stash of Sriracha. She uses that on more kinds of food than you can imagine.

15. tjulian

tjulian Member

I like Louisiana brand the best for flavor. But with the other folks in the house I have to buy Frank's which I also like.

Yell at me if you want but I say tobasco sauce just doesnt have that great of flavor.

16. Bull

I could rub Frank's in my eyes, and not shed a tear!....

17. EvilE424

EvilE424 Death to Dishonor Lifetime Supporter

Sriracha all the way. I haven't found something that it isn't delicious on

18. RedRaptor22

RedRaptor22 Member

Depends on the mood, been on a sriracha kick for the past few months, but pretty much anything certified cajun works for me usually, especially jalapeno tabasco.

19. Back2School

Back2School Member

I like Zarda's but prefer Cowton's spicy.

Franks is best flavor for homemade wings.

I used to be a big fan of anything Kick yo ass.

Siracha is great but I am kinda tired of the flavor and havent had it in a few years.

And I know this is not "hot sauce" but one thing I REALLY miss is the hot salsas from Austin. Those little fusion taco shops knew how to made a salsa with great heat and flavor - like here Here

Salsa Dona and salsa habanero were amazing.

20. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Nothing wrong with not liking something. I think regular Tabasco is too vinegary, which is why I like the reserve version. I will admit that it is more expensive, but I really love it. The aging really mellows it out.