Your favorite!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by EvilE424, Jul 26, 2015.

1. AR. Hillbilly

AR. Hillbilly Member

I’d have a hard time between my 22 mag bolt action
    22 Hornet and my Mauser Douglas 25-06.
    I’d have to pick the 25-06 because I gab load very light varmint loads up to heavy big game loads.

undeRGRound likes this.
  2. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    What ? you can take a water buffalo with that :eek:

3. Bertus

Bertus Member

Maine
    I would say it works great! A 10mm handgun did the job on a Cape buffalo;)

undeRGRound and OldOutlaw like this.
  4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

If you really want to know the truth for a revolver it would by my S&W 19-3. Yes I know it has issue with 357 mag ammo, but using 158gr lead SWC it is deadly accurate and the trigger is to die for. For a pistol I would have to say my glock 20C, power and accuracy on top of 15 round mags, but if pressed my CZ75 Police, easy to shoot and less recoil. As for a rifle my AR. It is not the best or greatest at anything but it will do the job.

5. RCS

RCS Likes guns and good people. Mean people suck. Member

I can't believe someone admitted this: "As for a rifle my AR. It is not the best or greatest at anything but it will do the job." I agree. I also agree that the heavily criticized Mini-14 I own falls in the same category. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. People that are critical of a gun never offer to stand in front of the barrel as the trigger is pulled.....

Guns are like women.... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, they cost a lot of money, they can get you in trouble, can be high maintenance, can be fun or cause misery, and they can be hard and costly to part with.

Rabidwookie and OldOutlaw like this.
  6. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

My new all around favorite and it is an AR even. Awesome power in this 350 Legend caliber. Low recoil.
    Just put the scope on. Have not used with the scope yet.

20190929_141429.jpg
    Lots of Energy! I will use the 180gr SP Federal for hunting. The 145gr FMJ for range use.

ChartsEnergy.jpg

7. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

Nice pattern in your vinyl. I hate tile. Vinyl is final!

Northslope likes this.
  8. OldOutlaw

OldOutlaw Supporting Member

It's a good quality vinyl. We both wanted that pattern the moment we saw it at Menards a few years back. This is my little gun and computer room, so I needed it to prevent me from getting in trouble if I spill any thing. :)

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  9. TNTRAILERTRASH

When I build I will probably go vinyl in the kitchen and bathrooms. Of course there is the new "water proof" planks. My kitchen vinyl is really thick. It is a second quality as the pattern is slightly off. Bad part is where the plywood floor heaved enough to cause a problem. Next place will be concrete subfloor with radiant heating and cooling.

10. Northslope

Northslope Member

if i had to make a choice it would definitely be a 22LR for cost of ammo and versatility .Ruger 10/22 or Marlin 60 would be the only two choices in my mind . hard decision . but if ammo wasnt a concern it would be one of my ARs , again, versatile and reliable .

undeRGRound and RCS like this.
  11. papadan

papadan Can't fix stupid! Supporting Member

Easiest question I have ever answered. Browning BL22! Sweetest gun I've ever touched in my life. I bought it 01/27/1975 at JC Pennies on and for, my 18th birthday. Between myself, wife, son, and 2 grandsons, this little lever action has passed about 10k rounds through it, killed at least 200 squirrels, 150 rabbits, and 80+ ground hogs. Every one in my family has learned to shoot with this gun!

undeRGRound, retread, histed and 2 others like this.
  12. Hmm... favorite gun or one that you'd most want when TSHTF and/or zombie apocalypse? Favorite would be the 1911 or Marlin .30-30 lever. Zombie SHTF would be the Rem 870. Scatter or slugs, very reliable, and versatile. But my MOST favorite gun of all time is..... my NEXT gun!!!

Dagwood and fatal-bert33 like this.
  13. Sirex

Sirex Member

Ugh. I am tied. Either my Yugo 59/66A1 SKS because of sentimental reasons, being my first rifle, or my 16" 308 Vepr because it just makes me feel so good.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  14. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

My favorite... dang thats a hard question. All time favorite is probably my M&P 15/22. So fun, so reliable and so cheap to feed! My 995 Classic in the ATI stock has got to be at the top of the list as well for pretty much the same reasons.
    Handgun... gotta be the RIA 22TCM /9mm combo 1911. Zero recoil, loud boom and awesome flamethrower!
    Hunting rifle... I don't hunt, but my favorite is my 8mm mauser sporter. Gorgeous rifle and more accurate than I am. Actually, it's my only hunting rifle, haha.
    Currently though my favorite is my TNW ASR 10mm carbine. Only shot it once, trying to conserve ammo, but when things get back to normal I'll be putting this one thru it's paces.
    I guess it wasn't that hard of a question after all. Ask me again next week and my answers might be completely different. Fun, fun, fun!!

15. DaveH

DaveH Member

Late to the party. Still rebuilding and replacing stuff. So I don't have my first pick of handgun or long gun currently in the collection. Because of that, I'd probably hold on to my bolt action 22. It's light, handy, magazine fed, can take 10, 15, and even 25 round magazines. Rock Island m14y. Shares the same mags as the Armscor m20p, which is why I can get 25 round mags for a youth model bolt action.

TNTRAILERTRASH likes this.
  16. rmuniz9336

rmuniz9336 Member

Colt 1911. Carried it in two warzones. If I can't have that, then I'll take a S&W model 19.

Rabidwookie likes this.
  17. greg_r

greg_r Lifetime Supporter

I have been shooting my Frakenbuild 350 Legend and reloding a lot for it as well. I am really liking this one. Not ready to call,it my favorite yet, but it’s getting close.

OldOutlaw likes this.
  18. Dagwood

Sadly, I don't have a favorite right now. I haven't been shooting, really, in soo long that I can't remember what my favorite is.
    Back to the original premise of the question... if I could only have one firearm, and it has to be one that I currently own, I guess it would have to be my AR pistol in 5.56. Compact enough to bug out with, powerful enough to defend with, accurate enough to hunt with and reliable enough to trust my life and the life of my family with. The AR is like the Small Block Chevy of firearms.

undeRGRound likes this.
  19. Dagwood

Haha, that's funny. I just looked back at my previous post from March and my answer was quite different. An AR wasn't even on my list. But I did say ask me next week and my answer may be totally different... and it was. Too funny

20. TNTRAILERTRASH

What length barrel you running? Lots of people poo-poo the 10.5 sighting reliability etc. Mine has been fine. And so far my 10.5" 7.62x39 has been excellent.